Best New Effect or Pedal for a NEWBIE?

namesean

• Members

I am looking for a new toy. Something classic and will stand the test of time.

Current Pedal = I have a digitech 250 (way to digital)

AMP = Traynor 40 WR w/cab

Whats the best/coolest pedal to get?? Say 150-200 total on ebay. I already have a digitech hot head distortion which I think is average.

I play classic rock and alittle blues. I am 32

Thanks!

• Members

wow {censored} delay. delay is nothing something every can use, it's not even that cool. especially for a newbie, it'll be cool at first but then lose it's novelty.

And your recommendation is???

Get a Full-drive 2 or a DD-20. Lotsa fun there.

• Members
wow {censored} delay. delay is nothing something every can use, it's not even that cool. especially for a newbie, it'll be cool at first but then lose it's novelty.

:lol:

If you have fingers to play guitar, I think you have fingers to turn little knobs on a pedal.

He's 32, not 16. He'll be able to figure it out. :rolleyes:

• Members

C'mon, don't generalize like that. When I was in the 8TH grade (1978-1979) I was using a Fender Princeton Reverb through a 4x12 w Greenbacks and was using a Univox Phaser, MXR Dyna Comp, EHX Electric Mistress Flanger, EHX Deluxe Memory Man Delay, EHX Big Muff Deluxe, and a Cry Baby Wah.

I'm still using a Delay and a bunch of other FX. (When appropriate) The difference is that now that I know what I'm doing, it isn't a novelty, it's a tool that is used for an affect.

young%20zach.jpg

Picture%20131.jpg

33zfwiw.jpg

• Members

What i meant is, delay is not something everyone can be creative with. I didn't realize this guy was 32, and I didn't mean literally "not everyone can use." I also didn't mean it's always novelty, but I meant that those people who can't be creative with it will have it for it's novelty, but then lose that novelty after a short time.

• Members
What i meant is, delay is not something everyone can be creative with. I didn't realize this guy was 32, and I didn't mean literally "not everyone can use." I also didn't mean it's always novelty, but I meant that those people who can't be creative with it will have it for it's novelty, but then lose that novelty after a short time.

;) Thanks for clearing that up... We're cool. :thu:

• Members
  • Members
:lol:

If you have fingers to play guitar, I think you have fingers to turn little knobs on a pedal.

He's 32, not 16. He'll be able to figure it out.
:rolleyes:

i am not even 16 and i make songs made on just delay,

delay is my favourite effect, but for someone who calls themself a "newbie" how about a wah? if you like classic rock?

Archived