Cool, Useful Pedal combos.

Raoul Duke!

• Members

So, what do you guys use to get cool useful (I.E. Used in more than in one song, doesn't get tiresome.) I've been using a Bad Monkey> Boss Volume Pedal> XO Dr. Q , and I can get this really smooth, singing swell sound with the Dr.Q set to a lower sweep and my amp breaking up a little.

What about you guys? :wave:

• Members

Depends on what genre you play really.

Fuzz/distortion/overdrive is generally for everyone though.

Volume can be very useful, but I find myself not using it very often.

Delays can be tweaked in many fashions to achieve whatever reverb/lag/etc you want.

etc.

• Members
Put a tremolo in front of an envelope filter and adjust to taste.
:thu:

smart. I've done something similar...
I hooked the Nebula the Otto Filter. the Neb itself is gorgeous plus add a dynamical responsive filter...and yeah you're right...you get a freakin Party! :D
you might need a lite OD for extra mileage.

-other stuff I've tried-
Fuzz Factory w/ Pitch Pirate or Glitch Computer
Sodameiser w/ Grunge pedal

• Members

putting an OD before a big muff lets you palm mute and get harmonics with it.

I really like an ocatve effect - one that tries to be a bass by filtering the note so its really wooly - into a big muff. sounds really synthy.

Could anyone recommed some gain stacking setups? i hear alot of stuff on songs where it sounds like the overdrive is overloaded, sounds like putting a fuzz infront of a heavily driven amp but really useable and not THAT overloaded... anyone?

• Members

My current favorite is Fender Blender -> Big Muff. And kicking the blender on for solo boosts. Sounds really nasty, but more usable and smooth than the blender by itself.

Ohhh yeah, I'd love to hear how that sounds.

Hmm, I was always curious to see what would happen if you put a really slow tremolo and a really fast flange/phaser together...

• Members

Ohhh yeah, I'd love to hear how that sounds.

Hmm, I was always curious to see what would happen if you put a really slow tremolo and a really fast flange/phaser together...

it'd sound insane. I did that with my chorus pedals.

Slower flange > insanely fast chorus.

I had my poly chorus set up somehow with flange, and then the small clone with depth up and the knob at like.. 1:30 i guess.

it was pretty unusable, but it was cool for the noise i was making at the time.

Archived