Just got my new tuner -- It's niiice...

JoshuaLogan

• Members

I know, I know.... one of the more boring gear buys, but it's essential and this thing is awesome... best tuner I've ever used. It's a true strobe tuner called the Turbo Tuner, made by the company Sonic Research Inc.

www.turbo-tuner.com

It's not in stompbox form, but it has an output, and the input and outputs are hardwired together, so it can be used on a pedalboard... no tone sucking here. I already have an ernie ball volume pedal on my board, so I can easily just rock that back to tune silently... this way allows me to just just leave the tuner powered on all the time.

Personally I think this is the best tuner around right now and here's why...

1. It's a true strobe and more accurate than the Peterson tuners.

2. It has extremely fast tracking... again, faster than the Peterson's.

3. It seems to be built much more sturdy as well, and doesn't have that cheap plastic toy look.

4. It looks sweet. Especially in the dark on the board with the red strobe flashing and spinning around. :p

5. And with all of that, it is MUCH cheaper than the peterson tuners. $130 shipped.

The only con is there is no stomp switch to mute it for silent tuning, but like I said I just use my volume pedal for this.

Anyways, if you need a new tuner, I think you should definitely check it out. The company has great service as well... definitely seem to have their {censored} together. I payed for it on Friday late at night and it shipped out on SATURDAY and I received it today... very fast. I don't know of many companies who will ship on Saturdays... heh. Anyways, check it out... if you have a Peterson you might wanna sell it off :thu:

• 2 months later...
  • Members

if the volume pedal is before the tuner, it's not going to tune, right? No signal will be going through? It doesn't work when I try to tune with my volume knob on my guitar rolled back...

umm I dunno. I use my volume pedal in the effects loop. why not just put the tuner before it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

if the volume pedal is before the tuner, it's not going to tune, right? No signal will be going through? It doesn't work when I try to tune with my volume knob on my guitar rolled back...

Correct. You'd need the volume pedal after the tuner. Not a problem if you run it after dirt anyway...

• Members

So it's confirmed that they're making a stompbox version?? Cause if it is I'll be getting one.

Yes. Should be around this summer.

I have been holding out for that for months now! Although I have to say, my StroboStomp2 finally gave up the ghost for no reason and I bought a Korg DT-10 that's going a great job subbing-in.

But yes, I'm eagerly anticipating the TT version of a stompbox tuner as well.

Archived