pearl jam pedals

• Members

Mike McCready and Stone Gossard use TS-9/808s, correct? They have such a great tone and the dynamics shine through so well on live recordings as well as studio. A video I saw of them showed Stone to have a pretty big board, I think (I think it was Stone, i can't imagine McCready using a LP doubt cut with P90s). Does anyone know what kinda modulation/fuzz/whatever they use? What about McCready's set up with Mad Season? His tone with them is way different than anything I've heard with Pearl jam.

Fun Fact: I heard that Mike McCready owns a strat that belonged to SRV.

• Members
On Mad Season, McCready used a Rotovibe for all the vibrato and Uni-vibe effects. Back then there were no other alternative as no one was making any Vibes.

really? '94 doesn't seem that long ago, but it'll be almost 14 years since teh krudt died. :freak:

This doesn't really warrant it's own thread, so i'll throw it in here.

I was watching my pixies 2004 sell out dvd and I was trying to get a look at Joey Santiago's board and I could only make out a few things. DOD Wah, TS9, light pastel green Boss (phaser I think), and then it looked like a fuzz factory. i dunno for sure though. it was the same size as a zvex, same green color but i couldn't really see how many knobs it had.

Anyone know what else he uses? There was a pink pedal, a larger green and black pedal with maybe 2 switches. Two white boss pedals. one was probably a tuner.

• Members

really? '94 doesn't seem that long ago, but it'll be almost 14 years since teh krudt died.
:freak:

I was watching my pixies 2004 sell out dvd and I was trying to get a look at Joey Santiago's board and I could only make out a few things. DOD Wah, TS9, light pastel green Boss (phaser I think), and then it looked like a fuzz factory. i dunno for sure though. it was the same size as a zvex, same green color but i couldn't really see how many knobs it had.

Anyone know what else he uses? There was a pink pedal, a larger green and black pedal with maybe 2 switches. Two white boss pedals. one was probably a tuner.

he used a boss fz2 and a zvex SHO on the most recent tour

• Members

Unfortunately it seems like the band's tone is getting thinner and thinner each tour. (I have seen them 50 times or so)

They dont have the crunch that they had up through no code it seems, right around the yield tour it started to mellow. I just wish they would {censored}ing crank it up and stop screwing around with their rigs.

That said, still the best band ever.

(The preceding was an opinion, not a fact. There is no way to judge the "best band")

• Members

(I think it was Stone, i can't imagine McCready using a LP doubt cut with P90s).

It's actually Mike playing that LP! When I saw them last year here in Portugal, he used that LP Junior (TV Yellow, Tortoise pickguard I think) in a lot of songs.

And to the guy who said their sound keeps getting thinner and thinner every tour, I totally agree. Mike's sound is too clean nowadays.

• Members

It's actually Mike playing that LP! When I saw them last year here in Portugal, he used that LP Junior (TV Yellow, Tortoise pickguard I think) in a lot of songs.

And to the guy who said their sound keeps getting thinner and thinner every tour, I totally agree. Mike's sound is too clean nowadays.

haha cool. i saw it in a video for Satan's Bed.

• Members
really? '94 doesn't seem that long ago, but it'll be almost 14 years since teh krudt died.
:freak:

I've always heard most of the trompe le monde distortion came from a ds-2. The other white boss pedal is probably a delay

Archived