What next? Pedal recommendations...

• Members

Ok. Ill start by telling you that I play a lot of ambient, post-rock, heavy reverb jams. I also like to just play hard rock. Maybe in the vain of TOOL, Toadies, Oceansize, etc. I do a lot of looping and layering.

Currently, I have two modulation effects. I have the chorus on my amp (CE-1 circuit :love:), but I have no loop, and it is obviously after everything, which wouldnt be my setup if I had an actual chorus pedal. Truth be told, chorus has never really done anything for me, except this one. I wish I could afford the real deal, or something of its caliber. I also have a Has Browns flanger, and plan to put it back on the board soon.

When my recent trades/purchases get here, my board will be some combo of these pedals:

BOSS DD-20

BOSS RC-20XL

Dano flanger

Verbzilla

Arion Stereo Phaser

EB JR Volume

Beringer Reverb

CMATmods Brownie

Dano EQ

Dano PB J

If my DE7 doesnt sell soon, that will be remaining on there as well.

As you can see, aside from the flanger (that I havent used in ages) and the Phaser, Its all reverb and delay. And I have no real problem with this, but Im looking for suggestions as to what YOU would get next if you had my setup and played my music.

Guitar: Agile AL3100

Amp: Roland Jazz Chorus JC-77

• Members

Well...if as you say, we play the same style...I have found tremolo, fuzz and overdrive in a lot of my songs.

I'd say buy some form of skreddy pedal. The sounds are pure, but still nasty at the same time. I have a mayo, but would recommend a top fuel, Pink flesh, or screwdriver.

Then maybe try to find a cusack tap a whirl or the empress trem. maybe even a semaphore.

• Members

If you like hashbrowns (just got one yesterday myself) you'll LOVE the BF-2...It jsuts much crazier than the hashbrowns. But is similar. Having the hashbrowns makes me miss my BF-2. Try a Boss PH-2 as well. I am still kickin myself for gettin rid of mine.

• Members
If you like hashbrowns (just got one yesterday myself) you'll LOVE the BF-2...It jsuts much crazier than the hashbrowns. But is similar. Having the hashbrowns makes me miss my BF-2. Try a Boss PH-2 as well. I am still kickin myself for gettin rid of mine.

The Arion Phaser is all Ill ever need. I had a Phase 90 that I did the resistor mods too, a PH-1r, and the Magicstomp has some phasing. Honestly, the Arion whoops the {censored} out of all of those. At least IN MY OPINION (dont set me ablaze) and for my uses.

The BF-2 is possible. I liked the one I had before (Taiwan), but found it TOO jet-planey and metallic. I like the sound of the Hash Browns better, but I dont want to overload my board with $20 cheapos. Call me vain. Because I am. hahahaa. Although, apparently not too vain to have 2 Behrs (reverb and tuner), 3 Danos (EQ, Flange, Delay) and an Arion (phaser).

Id like to keep it in the UNDER $150 range. Thats what Im hoping to get for my laptop. Anyone need a decent laptop? :D

• Members

yeah, dismissing fuzz based on a dano pedal is pretty bad. i mean i know danos are pretty good for their price, but it's definitely not a high end effect

Considering that its a replica of the FOXX Tone Machine, I think its a steal. It sounds great. When I said it wasnt "great enough to keep around", I was implying that fuzz doesnt do a whole lot for me. Although, with the "EQ" at 0, and my guitars neck tone at 0, I got some cool synth sounds.

Even the LBM I had didnt knock my socks off.

• Members
Ok. Ill start by telling you that I play a lot of ambient, post-rock, heavy reverb jams. I also like to just play hard rock. Maybe in the vain of TOOL, Toadies, Oceansize, etc. I do a lot of looping and layering.

Currently, I have two modulation effects. I have the chorus on my amp (CE-1 circuit
:love:
), but I have no loop, and it is obviously after everything, which wouldnt be my setup if I had an actual chorus pedal. Truth be told, chorus has never really done anything for me, except this one. I wish I could afford the real deal, or something of its caliber. I also have a Has Browns flanger, and plan to put it back on the board soon.

When my recent trades/purchases get here, my board will be some combo of these pedals:

BOSS DD-20

BOSS RC-20XL

Dano flanger

Verbzilla

Arion Stereo Phaser

EB JR Volume

Beringer Reverb

CMATmods Brownie

Dano EQ

Dano PB J

If my DE7 doesnt sell soon, that will be remaining on there as well.

As you can see, aside from the flanger (that I havent used in ages) and the Phaser, Its all reverb and delay. And I have no real problem with this, but Im looking for suggestions as to what YOU would get next if you had my setup and played my music.

Guitar: Agile AL3100

Amp: Roland Jazz Chorus JC-77

1. Keep the DE7. It's just too awesome to sell.

Then, add;

Big Muff
Flanger Hoax
EHX Worm
RAT

After that I'd say you'd have a really versatile board. :thu:

• Members
The Arion Phaser is all Ill ever need. I had a Phase 90 that I did the resistor mods too, a PH-1r, and the Magicstomp has some phasing. Honestly, the Arion whoops the {censored} out of all of those. At least IN MY OPINION (dont set me ablaze) and for my uses.

The BF-2 is possible. I liked the one I had before (Taiwan), but found it TOO jet-planey and metallic. I like the sound of the Hash Browns better, but I dont want to overload my board with $20 cheapos. Call me vain. Because I am. hahahaa. Although, apparently not too vain to have 2 Behrs (reverb and tuner), 3 Danos (EQ, Flange, Delay) and an Arion (phaser).

Id like to keep it in the UNDER $150 range.
Thats what Im hoping to get for my laptop. Anyone need a decent laptop?
:D

Hmm, then don't get a BF-2 it is more metallic than the hashbrowns. That is one thing i like bout the hashbrowns...it is more lush. I am circuit bending mine next weekend. I foudn a few connections that make it go crazy, or make it more subtle. Having a dano with flip switches is gonna rule.

Is arion actually that good? I might have to get one of their delay pedals some day.

• Members
Im still interested in opinions of the Purple Dunlop TVP. Im pretty sure its similar to the Chopper.

The DE7 is basically gone.

Muff - meh.

Flanger and Worm both seem cool.

Had a RAT. Loved it. Got a Brownie. Love it WAY more.

If Muff's aren't your thing, I'd suggest finding a fuzz box of some sort. With a boost in front of it, the Ibanez FZ7 is a pretty good fuzz box for $40. Without the boost it's a tad muddy though. It also has some torn speaker options that are pretty cool (10% torn and 100% torn). Cheap and pretty cool. I'd still have mine if it didn't require an OD in front of it (And if I didn't want other pedals so damn bad. :D)

You might also want to check out the Double Muff. I've been looking into them and it's probably going to be my next pedal purchase. It's basically two original circuit Muff OD's that cascade into each other. From clips I've heard it sounds like a really cool OD with just a bit of fuzz added in.

The Flanger Hoax is AWESOME. I'm talking absolutely amazing. Especially for ambient/experimental stuff. It will also do a lot of modulation stuff, so you won't really need a bunch of other pedals around for extra modulation.

As for the Worm, I just think that having a unit with the modulation it has in it would be useful. I plan to layer modulation with the Hoax and Worm when I get one. I'd get the Flanger Hoax first though, just because it's so damn awesome. :D

• Members

Is arion actually that good? I might have to get one of their delay pedals some day.

yes. sch-z is at least,

but to overwhelmed, if you want crazy crazy fuzz try tonefactor ultralord. They can be found for like 120, and are supposed to be as crazy, if not more than, a fuzz factory

:thu:

• Members
Well, there's a chance Im gonna end up with this. If not, maybe a fuzz. Maybe a vibe. Dunno. Right now, I want this. BADLY. Or a Chopper.

tvp1.jpg

If you're only getting one effect, I'd get the Flanger Hoax. It'll give you tons of sounds and keep you busy until you can add another pedal down the road. :thu:

Archived