Who here uses an overdrive and a distortion pedal?

Dado Prso

• Members

Yeah I use a TS-9 and a Catalinbread Teaser Stallion into my Blues Jr. I use them both for different gain sounds as well as gain levels (keep the gain on the Stallion fairly high), using the volume knob a lot lately to get different sounds from both of them. Eventually I'll get a true bypass overdrive (probably a Liquid Sunshine) so I can stack the overdrive into the Stallion to push it even harder when I want.

• Members

are you stacking these two or using them separately? i just got a silver kiss today but i haven't had a chance to try it with the FKR yet.

Both really. Essentially, I break it down as:

FKR alone: heavy rhythm pedal

Silver Kiss alone: boost w/a touch of gain

FKR+Silver Kiss: lead combo, more or less

I find that the Silver Kiss takes pedals pushing it really well, and its EQ is really nice in terms of tailoring the FKR's sound.

Congrates on the Silver Kiss. It is an extremely versatile pedal.

• Members

Both really. Essentially, I break it down as:

FKR alone: heavy rhythm pedal

Silver Kiss alone: boost w/a touch of gain

FKR+Silver Kiss: lead combo, more or less

I find that the Silver Kiss takes pedals pushing it really well, and its EQ is really nice in terms of tailoring the FKR's sound.

Congrates on the Silver Kiss. It is an extremely versatile pedal.

i'll give it a shot. i'm loving the silver kiss on it's own right now. i dialed in a nice open, flat-mid drive as soon as i plugged it in and haven't screwed around with the eq too much. that setting reminds me of a barber ltd but tighter and more gain available which is just what i wanted.

• Members

Ok cool. Another thing then, is there a certain way to "stack" drive pedals?

I have my ts-9 set to low gain and my sd-1 set to high gain.

When I run them together is sounds terrible.

Anyway to solve this?

Or suggestions on how to use the pedals differently?

• Members

The SD-1 is basically a clone of the TS-9... So, you're effectively running 2 tubescreamers stacked. Which doesn't sound that good, and isn't very sonically interesting in any case. Sell one of them and get a distortion pedal or a fuzz.

• Members

I've been getting by with a modded TS-9 and a Big Muff, two very distinct pedals, but you can cover a lot of ground with those two. The big muff, sustain low, clean amp, volume knob down, can be a pretty useful rhythm tone. For leads, it's unbelievable. I got a russian muff, it's only $50-60 bucks, great pedal

Archived