JUST GOT A BOSS OD-20

sdresdre

• Members

super cool pedal. as of now im super stoked and sold that it could be a very good multi dirt(24 pedals in one :eek: AND 4 presets). the knobs really respond to change well. even subtle turns change the shape of the dirt/fuzz/od quite a bit. i have yet to try it very loud in a band type deal. ill giver tomorrow with the band. i hope it dosent shrill out on me! if it dosent it just might be a keeper. prob keep it regardless for the studio :idk: i only A/B'd one pedal(the rat). spot on at bedroom levels. if you have ever wanted to try one of these any have any questions maybe i can help????? ill post more tomorrow. :cop:

• Members

i've always been intrigues by that and the CE-20. are they digital cosm modelling of the analog pedals? or a mix of both?

i remember reading somewhere about my GX-700 rack having all-analog distortion/overdrive/fuzz section, so i wouldn't presume the 20 series are all digital... until someone confirms otherwise...

• Members

i've always been intrigues by that and the CE-20. are they digital cosm modelling of the analog pedals? or a mix of both?

i remember reading somewhere about my GX-700 rack having all-analog distortion/overdrive/fuzz section, so i wouldn't presume the 20 series are all digital... until someone confirms otherwise...

the CE-20 is a POS IMO. i had it for a bit. noisy and just not a good sounding chrous. OD-20 its all COSM i believe. playing with it more im really digging it. i might singa diff tune tonight. we will see :poke: :confused:

• Members

It's weird that some digital stuff does sound good now; delays and such, but I feel weird about an all digital overdrive. Probably because I am used to pods sounding so bad. I'm probably going to take the COSM plunge for that RE-20 space echo, that looks pretty sweet. Unlike my BYOC delay which just has a digital chip, these things are all computerized and what not.

• Members

It's weird that some digital stuff does sound good now; delays and such, but I feel weird about an all digital overdrive. Probably because I am used to pods sounding so bad. I'm probably going to take the COSM plunge for that RE-20 space echo, that looks pretty sweet. Unlike my BYOC delay which just has a digital chip, these things are all computerized and what not.

re-20 def restored my faith is what COSM can do. we will see if hold up with the od-20 :idk:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

so for an update. i tried it with the band and it actually sounds really good. im using it for super left weird od's and fuzz's and its doing the trick. more than 4 presets would be cool but its still very nice to have them. i got a couple "how did you do that" (s) from the band. think ill get rid of my turbo rat for real estate. i want to get a fuzz factory and im all set (yeh right) :) i surprised more people dont use this pedal. :thu: on the od-20 IMO

• Members

i thought it was great, but the noise factor and matching levels between the resets killed it for me, awesome sounds though.

i haven't noticed a noise issue. the level thing was a problem but all you need to do it keep raising or lowering the level until you are happy. save the preset....go back and forth between the presets and tweak as necessary..... save again and repeat. took me about 10 min to get them all spot on.

Archived