your fav Yo La Tengo album?

hangwire

• Members

WOW, a subject that's very near and dear to my heart... Yo La Tengo. I've already seen them 3 times this year, and I have 4 more dates to go at the 8 Days of Hanukkah stint in Hoboken.

All their albums are so good. Even the not so good ones are awesome. Fakebook would be great if you're looking for something totally different than what you already have. Otherwise you really can't go wrong with Painful, as already mentioned; or Electr-O-Pura, which is "the one with blue line swinger on it" as Mr. Benn put it.

It really doesn't get much better than "I Am Not Afraid of You..." though. I think they really outdid themselves with their latest offering.

• Members

If yr looking for stuff like "Cherry Chapstick" (fantastic song) - Loud gutiars, just barely in control - Painful and Electr-O-Pura are their best - Tons of guitar - Nice songwriting -

I think that there's a general feeling among long-time fans that they've kind of lost the thread - Favoring more melodic, poppier songs - I don't really believe that - The songs are growing up with the band - No - Most don't rock like they did in the mid-90's, but the fact is that every record that they've put out is a great listen.

Absolutely fantastic live band, too. Maybe my favorite of all time.

Archived