LP = Les Paul, SG = ??

RoboPimp

• Members

Yep. But Les Paul hated it and refused to have his name associated with it.

That's not what I heard. I heard he was actually a pretty big fan of it, but he was going through a divorce with his wife at the time, and he didn't want to make a lot of money because their estate was to be split 50/50 and he didn't want his cheating sleaze-bag barely-human whore of a wife (pure speculation :love:) to get any more money than she already was getting.

The key to this story is to remember that Les Paul was the bee's knees a few years back, and him and his wife were both prominent musicians and actually made a couple of albums together. :wave:

• Members

I seem to remember that Paul originally wanted the SG/Les paul to have a neck thru body design.When that didn't happen he bowed out.

Anyone wana take a guess at where the TV Yellow color came from and why??

TV yellow was so named because white guitars would overload and wash out the black and white television cameras, so TV yellow was designed to look White in a black and white broadcast, but not overload the cameras. :cop:

• Members
TV yellow was so named because white guitars would overload and wash out the black and white television cameras, so TV yellow was designed to look White in a black and white broadcast, but not overload the cameras.
:cop:

perfect answer :)

• Members
That's not what I heard. I heard he was actually a pretty big fan of it, but he was going through a divorce with his wife at the time, and he didn't want to make a lot of money because their estate was to be split 50/50 and he didn't want his cheating sleaze-bag barely-human whore of a wife (pure speculation
:love:
) to get any more money than she already was getting.

The key to this story is to remember that Les Paul was the bee's knees a few years back, and him and his wife were both prominent musicians and actually made a couple of albums together.
:wave:

That was also part of it but he didn't like the design. Have you ever seen him playing one?

• Members
Ya, I am glad to learn something new. Cool... Thanks
:thu:

I miss my white '62, it was a Les Paul though:

1962%20lp.jpg

damn dude that's an awesome coronet. I think there might still be a coronet at guitar center in my town, but it's got two covered strat like pickups in it. Either way it still sounds awesome, but I bet those mini 'buckers rock.

• Members

damn dude that's an awesome coronet. I think there might still be a coronet at guitar center in my town, but it's got two covered strat like pickups in it. Either way it still sounds awesome, but I bet those mini 'buckers rock.

That is actually an Epihone Wilshire B, w/ pickups from a deluxe Les Paul.

• Members
TV yellow was so named because white guitars would overload and wash out the black and white television cameras, so TV yellow was designed to look White in a black and white broadcast, but not overload the cameras.
:cop:

it just makes the colour that much cooler.

more GAS...

Archived