Musictoyz....trustworthy?

BIGD

• Members

I'm not making excuses, but.......

Teddy is a busy guy. No, he's not going to screw you, but you might fall through the cracks.
He's not there rolling in his money. He is shipping dozens of items each day.
He's also dealing with guitars and amps.

I'm just wondering, when the ordering went on people are talking about?
Teddy recently went through and got some real-time inventory software and its been applied to almost all his stock.

Again, I am NOT defending him. But there are two sides to every story.
And remember, if someone does what they're supposed to do, you don't tell anyone about it. If something goes awry, you tell everyone. That's why you see the negative comments outweight the good.

I do recommend to call him. Use the Live Chat on the website. Dawn is very helpful.

To answer the OP's question.......I say yes.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I emailed and called about buying a LE Red Witch pedal in a certain color, then placed the order once I was assured they had it...

Not only did the item take a couple of weeks to receive, it wasn't the color I wanted - I know, no big dealy but it was a damn ugly shade of green :freak:

Anyways, I emailed to let them know and didn't get a response...so I called and was told, "Sorry, that's the only color we had left *CLICK*".

Friends don't let friends buy from idiots like Musictoyz :cop:

• Members

Teddy is a busy guy. No, he's not going to screw you, but you might fall through the cracks.

Teddy recently went through and got some real-time inventory software and its been applied to almost all his stock.

And remember, if someone does what they're supposed to do, you don't tell anyone about it. If something goes awry, you tell everyone. That's why you see the negative comments outweight the good.

I do recommend to call him. Use the Live Chat on the website. Dawn is very helpful.

I have heard that they upgraded the system and he has hired people to help with the sales, but prior to that, I spoke with Teddy and he lied to me about the status of the order on more than one occasion. I would have preferred an "I don't know" or a return call if he was overwhelmed, over non-existent tracking numbers and false promises of refunds. Given the ethics, or lack thereof of the proprietor, I have opted to take my business elsewhere, but that's just my $0.02. I am glad that you had a productive deal with him and I do hope that the dudes who posted earlier with pending shipments get their stuff on time -- there's nothing worse than GAS denied!

c

• Members

I've also switched over to Tonefactor after my last Musictoyz experience of getting the run-around about my order for about a month. The bottom line is that there is really no excuse for listing things as "in-stock" when they (in my case) hadn't even been BUILT yet! I eventually got it (swirly mojo-vibe...it kills) but just wish I'd known the status up front. I don't think they're out to scam anyone, they just don't really have their {censored} together in a professional way, which is a shame because the selection is great, and the website is nice with lots of good info on it, etc.

I know people will say "just call and talk in person" which is fine, but since no other e-business operates this way, I didn't think I needed to before I learned this all after the fact. When you click "buynow" on Amazon or anywhere else, it tells you it's in stock and when it's getting sent, and that's basically the standard I expect from any other web business. Maybe coding inventories and keeping up with them is tricky in HTML or Java or whatever, I have no idea, but you'd think there is some affordable software that could be bought to do it.

I would say, don't panic...you're not going to get screwed, but you may not see your pedal for awhile.

• Members
Weren't you banned from their forum for preaching about jesus all the time?

:blah:

Yep, Musictoyz Forum boycotts the Bluesmann troll.:blah:

I've had pretty good luck with ordering from Musictoyz, but from all the negative threads, I do have a lack of confidence in them. So, I always call ahead to make sure the item is in stock. It's an extra bit of hassle which should be needless.

• Members

No, you are making excuses. The guy is running a scam if he is running UPS when he knows that he will not ship. I won't {censored} around with the guy..won't get into details, but I don't take kindly to getting ripped off, especially by wise guys. You guys who say "oh, he eventually ships the order or refunds your money..."...that isn't acceptable if he's taking weeks to ship things he shows in stock. If this is how the guy normally operates, he should have been out of commission long ago.

• Members

I've also switched over to Tonefactor after my last Musictoyz experience of getting the run-around about my order for about a month. The bottom line is that there is really no excuse for listing things as "in-stock" when they (in my case) hadn't even been BUILT yet! I eventually got it (swirly mojo-vibe...it kills) but just wish I'd known the status up front. I don't think they're out to scam anyone, they just don't really have their {censored} together in a professional way, which is a shame because the selection is great, and the website is nice with lots of good info on it, etc.

I know people will say "just call and talk in person" which is fine, but since no other e-business operates this way, I didn't think I needed to before I learned this all after the fact. When you click "buynow" on Amazon or anywhere else, it tells you it's in stock and when it's getting sent, and that's basically the standard I expect from any other web business. Maybe coding inventories and keeping up with them is tricky in HTML or Java or whatever, I have no idea, but you'd think there is some affordable software that could be bought to do it.

I would say, don't panic...you're not going to get screwed, but you may not see your pedal for awhile.

Calling and talking to people has done me no good...I've been told twice that they will call me back and neither time has it happened.

• Members

i asked about international shippin at pedalgeek and it was a total {censored}ing rip!

tonefactor ship me TWO pedals for 20buckeroos!

supersoundmusic sends me any effect dirt cheap as well.

it dont cost $30 to send an effect from teh US to OZ but pedalgeek thinks it cost more than that apparently!

i had a NYC BMP sent from CA to OZ and it cost 12 bucks or something!

i refuse to pay more than ACTUAL shipping cost, not just pretend it costs $30-$40, {censored}ing POS assholes!

you find out the ACTUAL cost when you get your teh pedal anyways.

ive been charged $7.50 for shipping on some knobs once and when i got them the postage tag said $1.25cents,{censored}ing prick!

• Members
i asked about international shippin at pedalgeek and it was a total {censored}ing rip!

tonefactor ship me TWO pedals for 20buckeroos!

supersoundmusic sends me any effect dirt cheap as well.

it dont cost $30 to send an effect from teh US to OZ but pedalgeek thinks it cost more than that apparently!

i had a NYC BMP sent from CA to OZ and it cost 12 bucks or something!

i refuse to pay more than ACTUAL shipping cost, not just pretend it costs $30-$40, {censored}ing POS assholes!

you find out the ACTUAL cost when you get your teh pedal anyways.

ive been charged $7.50 for shipping on some knobs once and when i got them the postage tag said $1.25cents,{censored}ing prick!

:eekphil: sounds like one of the SleezeBay freak-a-zoids :freak:

So glad I cut him off after the 2nd order...:lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

My effort to contact them has been futile. I don't know how they can just ignore customers like this. My credit card company will be contacted shortly. I believe I've been patient enough.

Sadly, it looks like I'm not alone. Google turned up a similar case:

sorry about the hassles... When you get your refund from MToyz, check out Victorlitz.com. I just bought a buncj of stuff from them, and the owner, Tony, as well as his staff, have been extremely friendly and helpful.

c

• Members
sorry about the hassles... When you get your refund from MToyz, check out Victorlitz.com. I just bought a buncj of stuff from them, and the owner, Tony, as well as his staff, have been extremely friendly and helpful.

c

Thank you. :) I will keep them in mind.

• Members

I'm curious if "BIGD" got his order from Toyz? I'm assuming he did as he hasn't posted on this message since Dec.8th and made no attempt to calm the {censored} storm against MusicToyz. Ordering something during the holidays and expecting it to show up the same week you ordered it (unless you used overnite) is asking alot don't you think?

• Members

I had nearly the same experience except my money was sat on for 90 days for a pedal that was "in stock" but wasn't really even being manufactured anymore. Contacting them did not help in any way. However, I did contact the mfr. of the pedal directly and they told me that they had not manufactured any in some time and that it was discontinued. Only after making a thread like this did I get a refund.

Archived