Musictoyz....trustworthy?

BIGD

• Members
I'm curious if "BIGD" got his order from Toyz? I'm assuming he did as he hasn't posted on this message since Dec.8th and made no attempt to calm the {censored} storm against MusicToyz. Ordering something during the holidays and expecting it to show up the same week you ordered it (unless you used overnite) is asking alot don't you think?

I wouldnt really call this a {censored} storm. Besides that if I were a pedal builder and were going to defend one of my biggest dealers on a public board I'd pick one with a better reputation. :thu:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I wouldnt really call this a {censored} storm. Besides that if I were a pedal builder and were going to defend one of my biggest dealers on a public board I'd pick one with a better reputation.
:thu:

Well, regardless of what you think I should or shouldn't do, I'd still like to know if BIGD got his order in a timely fashion. And MusicToyz don't need me to "defend" them.

• Members

So all the other horror stories don't matter? No matter how BigD's case turned out this thread turned out to be informative to consumers.

Case? I didn't see that he had a case. He had attitude. That's about it.

To expect to get a package that was ordered the same week during the holidays, assuming it was sent UPS and assuming it was ordered on monday (he didn't say) is expecting way too much that's all I said.

And if "all the other horror stories" were really true they wouldn't be in business. Also when people are using anonymous names you can't verify anything. I'm not defending anyones bad business practices, but at the same time I didn't get on the net and whine when Musicians friend sent me an empty box when I ordered some $250.00 software and made me wait about 2 months before they believed me. My point is that {censored} happens, no one is perfect.

And to suggest that Toyz or any other dealer is out to screw anyone is rediculous. Or that they can't afford to buy enough product...all I can say is you have NO idea.

But if you're going to try and hurt someones livelyhood at least be man enough to use your real name so it can be verified.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Apology for the constant bumping. I just want to give an update. As mentioned in my previous post, I contacted my credit card company and they resolved the issue easily enough. Here's the funny part, the damn thing finally decided to show up! Looks like I'm making another phone call. :idea:

Glad to put this all to rest. Lesson learned. :wave:

• Members

And if "all the other horror stories" were really true they wouldn't be in business. Also when people are using anonymous names you can't verify anything. I'm not defending anyones bad business practices, but at the same time I didn't get on the net and whine when Musicians friend sent me an empty box when I ordered some $250.00 software and made me wait about 2 months before they believed me. My point is that {censored} happens, no one is perfect.

And to suggest that Toyz or any other dealer is out to screw anyone is rediculous. Or that they can't afford to buy enough product...all I can say is you have NO idea.

But if you're going to try and hurt someones livelyhood at least be man enough to use your real name so it can be verified.

Ok Bob now you're just being a tool. You say no one is perfect. Fine but when you have to fight on the phone and get attitude from a less than perfect business owner is where I draw the line. I've seen the same stuff on every music forum I've ever been one (except of course the Musictoyz forum which you seem to a big part of) about Teddy and his poor inventory control. I'm not saying the guy is out to screw anyone. He just isn't good at retail and has a piss poor attitude about it. About musiciansfriend, when they screw up most people do get on here and bitch about it. They're a business and we're consumers. We deserve to know when they provide less than stellar service. That applies to Teddy and Musictoyz too.

Oh my name is Dustin. If you want my last name you can PM me. You have my email. Or at least you did. I'm guessing you lost it considering you never got back to me last time I emailed you.

• Members

Case? I didn't see that he had a case. He had attitude. That's about it.

To expect to get a package that was ordered the same week during the holidays, assuming it was sent UPS and assuming it was ordered on monday (he didn't say) is expecting way too much that's all I said.

Dude, whoever the guy is that is operating Mtoyz is jeopardizing his own livelyhood by beeing such an asshole! And yes, you are correct, {censored} does indeed happen. But, when it does, if you are interested in maintaining good customer relationships, don't compound the problem by beeing an asshole!

I can promise you that my horror story is true, and most likely all of the other ones are as well. Why would so many people want to make up negative stuff about musictoyz? They have an awesome website and they purport to have an amazing inventory - with many of the most well regarded boutique products available. It sounds to me like that would be the kind of place that people on this forum would like, and, resultantly, give that place the benefit of the doubt. How many people would take the time to deliberately smear the reputation of a music store? I'll tell you how many - the same number that it took to frame O.J. for muder. Meaning, in case you missed it, zero. Whoever it is at the helm of that place must be an asshole of wonderful magnitude to alienate so many people.

And, if you take the time to read the posts carefully, you will find that most people who claim to have a horror story say quite explicitly that they don't think Music Toyz is out to screw them. The general tone of the complaints has been "M Toyz sucks, the guy is a douche, but eventually you get your stuff or a refund."

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Bump for someone having a bad experience. The guy who runs musictoyz is a {censored}ing smart ass. He eventually gave me my money back for this transaction from a few years back, but not before being a big {censored}ing tool on the phone. I wouldn't consider ordering anything from someone who is as big a dick as Teddy. He thinks he's funny. He's not, and he's an iffy businessman

Archived