Just for shits and giggles I bought a pedal from Target...

NappyDugOut

• Members

i'd think a real healthy dose of mids, after almost an entire decade without them, could be really good.

was this a 3-knobber, or some vaguely different control layout a la fender's stuff?

It has two knobs and is in an MXR style housing. If it's anything like Washburn's "Lyon" Distortion, it's garbage.

• Members

It has two knobs and is in an MXR style housing. If it's anything like Washburn's "Lyon" Distortion, it's garbage.

oh yeah, those ones. with all the target/etc lines being talked about recently, its tough to keep track.

its also tough to understand how something as simple as a distortion pedal could be {censored}ed up; it is as simple as copying the tried and true, keeping the tb factor alone as improvement/justification. nobody dealing with this demographic should be trying to reinvent anything, rather just offering a disztortion+.

• Members

i'd think a real healthy dose of mids, after almost an entire decade without them, could be really good.

was this a 3-knobber, or some vaguely different control layout a la fender's stuff?

I could only get a decent sound out of my Tele with it................Gain at 0, Volume at 10, but the noise was too much...............humbuckers were awful, way way to much mids(not in a good way). I agree that mids are great for cutting through the mix, but these were harsh(am radio sounding) mids.:mad:

• Members

I could only get a decent sound out of my Tele with it................Gain at 0, Volume at 10, but the noise was too much...............humbuckers were awful, way way to much mids(not in a good way). I agree that mids are great for cutting through the mix, but these were harsh(am radio sounding) mids.
:mad:

Was this an example of how sometimes you get what you pay for, or total operator error?

• Members

Was this an example of how sometimes you get what you pay for, or total operator error?

I was hoping to get a "Secret Weapon" pedal, that when people hear it they would say "Wow! where can I buy one of those?" I would say "Target" with pride.....but I'm gonna take it back and get some toiletries and assorted sundries and a Red Bull:rolleyes:

• Members

I was hoping to get a "Secret Weapon" pedal, that when people hear it they would say "Wow! where can I buy one of those?" I would say "Target" with pride.....but I'm gonna take it back and get some toiletries and assorted sundries and a Red Bull:rolleyes:

That would've actually been pretty funny

Archived