AnalogMan! Lawyers! KOT's to Ebay only!

BmoreTele

• Members
Terrorist is a horrible word to use. It sets up a binary that is horse{censored}.

As far as I can see there is not a single contribution being made on FS.org that stems from original thinking. I think that is the biggest hypocrisy of FS. They rail about non-originality and open source but provide nothing original. Not even nuggets of thought. Just vitriol and poison. Other jems of the hypocrite are {censored} talking American capitalism yet having no problem hosting forums on ad-driven free American servers.
:freak:

FS.ORg aint about originality, its about "forbidden" circuits that TOF wont let us talk about!

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ya must remember
FS.ORG doesnt produce and sell anything
, yet two of our members get called "TERRORISTS" in public, i dont think thats such a good idea personally!

Yep, no one over at FS.org participates in NAME CALLING.

People get called names all the time. I don't think they need to fear being sent to syria for "enhanced interogation"

• Members

A group of scientists spend a few years researching a new weapon for use against their nations enemies.

would this be the americans, the russians, the germans, the french, the israeli, the canadians, the english etc etc, because they all have nukes...

The scientists themselves kill no one. The do however give others all the tools they need to do the job. The media calls the couriers the terrorists, but aren't the scientists that researched, funded, and built the weapons terrorists as much as the couriers?

oh really? do the scientists give the terrorists high grade plutonium and the centrifuges as well or just the plans? because last i check, even with instructions, it damn hard to build a nuke, unless it's a dirty nuke, in which case who would buy a dirty pedal clone?

The people that are bitter about boutique effects at FS.org are giving cloners the tools they need. While they might not be building and selling pedals, theyre certainly giving away the plans to someome who might.

nah they're not bitter. You not getting the story right. The history as i understand it, stemmed from diystompbox.org and aaron nelson's double standard practice, i;e allowing certain schematics but not others. In other words, he allowed special treatment and would ban schematics that were on the black list. The fs.org was made so that such deletions would not occur. Many of the "old forumites" have flocked to the new forum.

• Members

FS.ORg aint about originality, its about "forbidden" circuits that TOF wont let us talk about!

Meh. My point exactly. Why arm yourself with "originality" embossed bullets and not be original yourself? It is the mark of hypocrisy. Which is also why FSers were ostracized from other forums which actually discusses original ideas.

• Members

Meh. My point exactly. Why arm yourself with "originality" embossed bullets and not be original yourself? It is the mark of hypocrisy. Which is also why FSers were ostracized from other forums which actually discusses original ideas.

dunno about the others but i dont discuss original ideas, i keep them for myself to sell!

like i said FS.ORG IS about "forbidden circuits", we are "allowed" to talk there not like TOF's hypocrisy and ass licking!

• Members

I don't like FS.org because it is poison. I don't care if poison is cloaked in a version of truth or not it's still poison.

Many of the people's attitudes on the forum have become poison IMO because they assume ALL builders are (or should be) honest business men. Large monetary success in market systems is rarely achieved with honesty, and that is a fact few of them accept. When they discover they've been duped by great marketing, they suddenly assume a vigilante raid on all builders is required.

Or they're just bitter, arrogant, jealous pricks whos only platform to dictate is the forum.

I'de say its a mix of both, with some extremely valuable information to DIYers being thrown about in between. Great for lurkers :freak:

• Members

if we don't call it reverse engineered, what should we call it?

Call it copying, tracing, documenting, figurin' out, or whatever.

Tracing a circuit is NOT reverse engineering, in fact It's not really engineering at all in any sense of the word. Drawing up a PCB layout could be considered engineering.

Drawing a schematic from an existing object could be called transcription if you want a fancy word for it.

• Members

Call it copying, tracing, documenting, figurin' out, or whatever.

Tracing a circuit is NOT reverse engineering, in fact It's not really engineering at all in any sense of the word. Drawing up a PCB layout could be considered engineering.

Drawing a schematic from an existing object could be called transcription if you want a fancy word for it.

okay so analogman copied, keeley copied, you probably have copied, catalinbread probably copied, i have copied.

and it's just semantics in the end. Reverse engineered has a lot more meaning than copied really. Taking the pcb going to drawing the schematic is literally reversing it. "Engineer" implies that the the circuit is built and modified. You should read some of jhs's posts. He uses a lot of his "personal" tweaks to make the clone sound "better". This is also what DougH does, as i have noted.

• Members

You're correct about that, yes.

Regardless of intellectual property issues, seeing the Liquid Sunshine on that forum made me purchase one. Then another. Then a couple Buster Jangles.

Great circuits sell themselves to many of the people on the forum. Trouble such as this is just brought by the snarks that insist on antagonizing anyone who makes pedal building a career.

I certainly hope you are enjoying them.

And I completely agree. FS.org could be a very cool site if a few people could be a bit more reserved... Actually one in preticular. Even Modman, who has sort of calls me a liar in his blog is not THAT bad.

I don't really like the fact that he was the first to ask that the movie "FUZZ" be put up for free download. It's an independant movie... C'mon guys. If you really want to see it is $5 to rent it that big of a deal?

Even so, there is a lot of speculation on that website... and a lot of people that think they can hear a piece of paper. And a lot of people that say "capacitors all sound the same" which makes me doubt their experience.

• Members

dude, ya cant compare
killing people
to building a stompbox!

theres one point that gets missed: boutique pedal makers dont like FS.ORG because it tells the truth about these effects, they are not original designs 99% of the time and these builders dont like being exposed for the liars they are!

I once had an idea to build a pedal with high powered laser beems. When stepped on they would instanty shoot a matter destablizing beam at rival bands at your gig.

Unfortunately Homeland Security is watching me, so I am no longer allowed to work on death rays.... unless of coures, I agree to work for them. They don't seem to like competition.

• Members

I once had an idea to build a pedal with high powered laser beems. When stepped on they would instanty shoot a matter destablizing beam at rival bands at your gig.

Unfortunately Homeland Security is watching me, so I am no longer allowed to work on death rays.... unless of coures, I agree to work for them. They don't seem to like competition.

i total would clone that pedal. I wanna use it on this chihuahua next door. Do you have a gut shot with layout for a reverse engineer job?

• Members

why are you a member there then? if its so poisonous?

It's kind of like driving past a bad car wreck, or day time talk shows. It's so bad you can't help but look.

Honestly I find some of it entertaining. My favorite thread is probably the big catfight thread.... and i love that AG is a mod, but modman always cockblocks him and moves his {censored} over there. LOL

• Members
Many of the people's attitudes on the forum have become poison IMO because they assume ALL builders are (or should be) honest business men. Large monetary success in market systems is rarely achieved with honesty, and that is a fact few of them accept. When they discover they've been duped by great marketing, they suddenly assume a vigilante raid on all builders is required.

Or they're just bitter, arrogant, jealous pricks whos only platform to dictate is the forum.

I'de say its a mix of both, with some extremely valuable information to DIYers being thrown about in between. Great for lurkers
:freak:

I dont know how valuable it is for DIY'ers. Even in the diy areas it just seems to be evaluation of circuits. Often when advice is given, it is done in a "NO DUMBASS, this is how you do it" kind of way... or at the very least a "im better than you are, and i want you to know it" kind of way. I never found that to be the case on arons forum.

• Members

oh {censored} lol :lol:

Dear Mr. Analogmike,

As I have seen on your homepage, you are telling my name together with the term "terrorists".

As I know, this has also appeared on different guitar pedal forums.

You should know that to name somebody a terrorist can cause a lot of damage to his reputation especially in the US.

For this reason I give you 48 hours to remove my name in conjunction with the term "terrorist" from your homepage
www.analogman.com
and wherever you posted it, and to apologize for your misbehaviour concerning my reputation on your homepage and everywhere you posted it.

If this will not happen until 01.01.2008 00:00 GMT I will take further legal steps including contacting the US-embassy here in vienna.

And believe me, $100.000,-- will not be enough to pay for the damages then.

For the damages caused by your misbehaviour until now I expect a money transfer of $10.000,-- with Western Union to my adress which you already should have and which can be found on the net.

I expect the transfer until 06.01.2008 24:00 GMT otherwise I will take the same legal steps described above.

And believe me, that I am not joking.

kind regards,

Gottfried Divos

• Members

okay so analogman copied, keeley copied, you probably have copied, catalinbread probably copied, i have copied.

and it's just semantics in the end. Reverse engineered has a lot more meaning than copied really. Taking the pcb going to drawing the schematic is literally reversing it. "Engineer" implies that the the circuit is built and modified. You should read some of jhs's posts. He uses a lot of his "personal" tweaks to make the clone sound "better". This is also what DougH does, as i have noted.

On a few occasions I've taken inspiration from some other pedals... sure.

I think it's pretty hard to erase what is already in your head.

This is not symantics though... not anymore than if I said I was swimming in the water, but was really flying in an airplane. It's two different things.

• Members

actually i think analogguru may have a point. If i say I'm going to murder someone or k i l l the pre zi de nt, I'm sure that would not go over well and the feds would probably be at my door. Is calling someone a terrorist consider slander?

Ever watch any of the cable news shows in america. The really crazy people call everyone who doesnt agree with them a terrorist. It's kind of funny actually... until you realize a lot of people take it seriously.

Archived