AnalogMan! Lawyers! KOT's to Ebay only!

BmoreTele

• Members

yeah....I dont think analogman is going to lose one $ in business because of this forum. Now he wants to spend 100.000$ for a lawsuite? crazy

I've been on that forum allot and its pretty interresting, still think I'd buy a KoT than make it myself....the guys who are gonna clone it are guys who wouldnt buy it anyway....oh well...im stupid dont listen to me...

I had written some remarks on this guru charecter....desided i'd skip it. Seems he has enough problems, he couldnt be more bitter and annoying if he tried....

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Um? Ok. Did you read what i wrote? I think you just agreed with me.

probably not :lol: this thread will probably go 20 pages and i'll soon forget haha.

Oh and i finally figured out why analogman is so pissed (i think). Someone posted a nice detail photo of the kot pcb on both sides without the components :eek: :eek:

I have no idea what he got that picture but it seems like someone straight from his factory! :eek:

• Members

their not terrorists,{censored} sake!

that would make me one too then cause i reverse engineer pedals and post them there as well.

if you sell a product it will be reverse engineered,fact of life!

get a {censored}ing life and deal with it!

please stop misusing the term "reverse engineered"

Drug companies reverse engineer to get around patent laws. They find a different (although very similar) way to acheive the same means of a competitors product.

• Members

um, i have dealt with mike and he's a good guy, but isn't this a just a case of a guy who copies other people's circuits getting mad at a guy telling people how to copy his circuits?

When Mike "copies" other people's circuits, he pays homage to them by advertising that he did so. He clearly admits and advertises that his chorus is a Small Clone clone. I think there is a difference between that and what these other dudes are doing for sure.

• Members
When Mike "copies" other people's circuits, he pays homage to them by advertising that he did so. He clearly admits and advertises that his chorus is a Small Clone clone. I think there is a difference between that and what these other dudes are doing for sure.

Hey man where the heck have you been? I'm still interested. :wave:

• Members

okay I'm going to sell an exact dupe of the kot and call it the queen of tone and tell mike thanks. It'll work don't you think ;)

• Members

if we don't call it reverse engineered, what should we call it?

it's not illegal (not patent)

it's not copyright violation (drawing is different)

it's not trademark violation (name is different)

i can see if someone makes an exact dupe and tries to make money and how that would be unethical, but then again some people care, others don't

• Members

or at least you dont know of any YET. Since FS.org started there's already been one site that has shown up that is selling kits for a number of clones of boutique pedals. Now maybe that person is a member there, or maybe they aren't, but all the kits they are selling are pedals that have been traced on FS.org. hmmmmm:rolleyes:

You're correct about that, yes.

Regardless of intellectual property issues, seeing the Liquid Sunshine on that forum made me purchase one. Then another. Then a couple Buster Jangles.

Great circuits sell themselves to many of the people on the forum. Trouble such as this is just brought by the snarks that insist on antagonizing anyone who makes pedal building a career.

• Members

ya must remember
FS.ORG doesnt produce and sell anything
, yet two of our members get called "TERRORISTS" in public, i dont think thats such a good idea personally!

OK this is going to be really extreme but here goes.

A group of scientists spend a few years researching a new weapon for use against their nations enemies.

This weapon is powerful and it can kill a lot of people.

When they finish the weapon, they pay for their construction and put them in the hands of people willing to take on the risk of deploying the weapons.

The scientists themselves kill no one. The do however give others all the tools they need to do the job. The media calls the couriers the terrorists, but aren't the scientists that researched, funded, and built the weapons terrorists as much as the couriers?

I think 'terrorists' is and is not a good word to use here. If Mike had called them 'bad bad men' no one would be talking about this. Now everyone sees what is going on.

The people that are bitter about boutique effects at FS.org are giving cloners the tools they need. While they might not be building and selling pedals, theyre certainly giving away the plans to someome who might.

• Members

OK this is going to be really extreme but here goes.

A group of scientists spend a few years researching a new weapon for use against their nations enemies.

This weapon is powerful and it can kill a lot of people.

When they finish the weapon, they pay for their construction and put them in the hands of people willing to take on the risk of deploying the weapons.

The scientists themselves kill no one. The do however give others all the tools they need to do the job. The media calls the couriers the terrorists, but aren't the scientists that researched, funded, and built the weapons terrorists as much as the couriers?

I think 'terrorists' is and is not a good word to use here. If Mike had called them 'bad bad men' no one would be talking about this. Now everyone sees what is going on.

The people that are bitter about boutique effects at FS.org are giving cloners the tools they need. While they might not be building and selling pedals, theyre certainly giving away the plans to someome who might.

dude, ya cant compare killing people to building a stompbox!

theres one point that gets missed: boutique pedal makers dont like FS.ORG because it tells the truth about these effects, they are not original designs 99% of the time and these builders dont like being exposed for the liars they are!

• Members

Terrorist is a horrible word to use. It sets up a binary that is horse{censored}.

As far as I can see there is not a single contribution being made on FS.org that stems from original thinking. I think that is the biggest hypocrisy of FS. They rail about non-originality and open source but provide nothing original. Not even nuggets of thought. Just vitriol and poison. Other jems of the hypocrite are {censored} talking American capitalism yet having no problem hosting forums on ad-driven free American servers. :freak:

• Members

dude, ya cant compare
killing people
to building a stompbox!

theres one point that gets missed: boutique pedal makers dont like FS.ORG because it tells the truth about these effects, they are not original designs 99% of the time and these builders dont like being exposed for the liars they are!

I don't like FS.org because it is poison. I don't care if poison is cloaked in a version of truth or not it's still poison.

Archived