What was your best gear score of '07?

carrier street

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I made a trade with some local bloke and basicly got a Rams Head Big Muff for free because he gave me money as well in the trade (a floyd rose mim strat) but that basicly covered the bill for the guitar.

So yeah, I ended up with a "3003" Rams Head for nuffin'! And I scored my ADA Flanger as well. Got that fairly cheap considering it's rarity and value.

• Members

jackson slsmg in transparent red - 500 brand new. i know these go for about 600 new on ebay, but i have yet to see another transparent red one ever. ive heard they only made a small batch of these in 2004.

Macbook Pro- 1500 brand new from guitar center. blow out because the new Pro's were just coming out.

Adobe CS3 package- bought for 300 verses the 1800 new. I love school discounts :thu:

• Members

I got alot of great deals this year (I love buying used) but I think that the purchase surprise and delight of the year was the used (but dead mint AND included a high quality hard flight case!!) Heritage Patriot Boutique Amplifier made by Paul C of "Timmy" fame! And for half of what they sell for new - and this was the same as new. I challenge anyone to try to find an amp that has the HUGE CLEAN HEADROOM that this amp has. You {censored} around with the Volume knobs on this thing and people will die! :eek:

In a word it's LOUD! :phil:

Loves pedals and you can grind with this bitch too. :thu:

http://www.heritageamplifiers.com/patriot.html

:cool:

• Members

I gotta say my 2004 NIB Lonestar head/cab for something like $1650. It's like getting the cab for free just because it was the Lonestar that doesn't drop down to 10w. It'd been sitting in inventory at the store I got it from and they had it marked down a bunch.

Archived