A Vocoder for Guitar?

petejt

• Members

You don't need a special vocoder for guitar. Check out the Electrix Warp Factory vocoder. Like this one.

We used one on a guitar for the middle 8 in one of our songs (Last Goodbyes). Check out the band Vafurlogi in my sig. The song is one there. The vocoding part sounds really cool, and is pretty easy to work with a guitar.

• Members

The Digitech Talker is exactly that. You plug a mic into it and the formant of your voice is applied to your guitar signal which passes directly to your amp (it's an inline effect, not like a talk box). I picked one up so I could make my guitar talk, but quickly realized I had nothing to say.

:cry:

• Members

You don't need a special vocoder for guitar. Check out the Electrix Warp Factory vocoder.
Like this one.

We used one on a guitar for the middle 8 in one of our songs (Last Goodbyes). Check out the band Vafurlogi in my sig. The song is one there. The vocoding part sounds really cool, and is pretty easy to work with a guitar.

Cool, thanks for that. :cool::thu:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

The Digitech Talker is exactly that. You plug a mic into it and the formant of your voice is applied to your guitar signal which passes directly to your amp (it's an inline effect, not like a talk box). I picked one up so I could make my guitar talk, but quickly realized I had nothing to say.

:cry:

I DID THE SAME THING!!

Very fun pedal though.

• Members

Another vote for the Digitech Talker. Probably the easiest way to get comprehensible speach sounds our of your guitar, without requiring some complex setup or pa hookup.

Too bad they're no longer made, and often fetch a pretty penny on eBay. I think some of the GNX multifx have that Talker option built in as well, and might just be a cheaper route than the original Talker.

• Members

Another vote for the Digitech Talker. Probably the easiest way to get comprehensible speach sounds our of your guitar, without requiring some complex setup or pa hookup.

Too bad they're no longer made, and often fetch a pretty penny on eBay. I think some of the GNX multifx have that Talker option built in as well, and might just be a cheaper route than the original Talker.

I think the talker effect on the digitech multi boards are more of a wah sweep that mimics voice rather than a XLR in like the original talker.

When I had mine, it was a lot of fun. You feel like Robert Cray because when you play, if you're not saying something, there's no sound. I had originally bought one because I heard it on a Soulive track "Romantic" and freaked out on it. I saw one for a reasonable price and gave it a whirl.

Even at the current prices, it's not a bad investment. Someone is usually willing to pay whatever you paid for it.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Looking back on this thread, it may be worth mentioning the Pitch Pirate, which was posted here since the start date of this thread...

Daft Punk, anyone?.....

[YOUTUBE]5gA6vy0gUhk[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

The
has a plug w/harmonics knob for guitars or basses.

haha, crazyanalof is like 20 mins from my house! ive seen that VERY vocoder. its so clean. his whole shop has nothing but clean vintage gear. its so odd!

[YOUTUBE]CvfJ2sW_Mhw[/YOUTUBE]

thats mine

[YOUTUBE]cOO6xTXTeiA&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

this is a great demo

• 2 months later...

Archived