BEHRINGER ULTRA SHIFTER/HARMONIST US600

lenster

• Members

The cheapest i can buy a PS 5 is $236 AUD. So the Behringer is pretty cheap.

And Yeah prices here in OZ are spastic.

yeah, it's cheap compaired to the boss, I dunno this is brand new behr pedal, no one has heard if they are any good yet. (I haven't even seen them for sale yet in the UK) So it's hard to say. Might be great and just like the boss, but then again it might not. A lot of people on here would be interested to hear your thoughts on it if you do go for it.

• Members

I only stumbled across it by accident . I was looking at the PS 5 because the last song we wrote i made a harmonised solo with my Zoom G9. As that is only my practice / Back up tool i thought it would be good to have a harmonizer on my pedal board for this solo . Then after reading about the PS 5 i could use that pedal a lot . For the dollars i might just try the US600 . My EQ700 that i bought works and sounds great so i'm not too worried about the bad Behringer reputation.

• Members

Well, I wouldn't be too worried about the construction... they feel cheap and all, but my pedal tuner hasn't given me any probs at all.

it's not the construction I'm worried about, if it was a tuner or a tremolo or an overdrive...fine. If the Harmonist/shifting isn't spot on, it's gonna fail in a big way.

• Members

Someone on Shortscale.org says it works well

I'm calling shenanigans - In that thread they don't actually post a pic of it (apart from the Behringer photoshop pic), just 'talk about it'.

It's still not available anywhere in UK or Europe, I've been checking as I'm too cheap to buy a PS-5.

• Members

Just ordered one from Musik Produktiv in Germany... at least when I ordered, their website said they had them in stock. I guess time will tell if that was the case :idk:

I need a guitar harmony part for two songs in an upcoming stage production, and thought I'd give it a try... :D

/Andreas

• Members

Just ordered one from Thomann... at least when I ordered, their website said they had them in stock. I guess time will tell if that was the case
:idk:

I need a guitar harmony part for two songs in an upcoming stage production, and thought I'd give it a try...
:D

/Andreas

Nooooooooooooooooo !!!

I checked Thomann this morning and couldn't find it, do you have the link ?

• Members

I edited the post - I got Thomann mixed up with Musik Produktiv...

Still listed as in stock and available (I ordered mine at lunchtime CET): http://www.musik-produktiv.de/(s(2zxi5136ws4i1eljv6mpu60f))/behringer-us600.aspx

Not that that has mattered to MP before - I've had them happily take orders (and money) for stuff they have listed as in stock before, only to get an e-mail with an estimated delivery date...

• Members

it's not the construction I'm worried about, if it was a tuner or a tremolo or an overdrive...fine. If the Harmonist/shifting isn't spot on, it's gonna fail in a big way.

the boss one isn't that great to start with imo. it tracks slow and sketches out every once and a while. the behringer is probably just as good. I ordered one but won't get it until they get the u.s. electronics certification. i would get the behringer and save the money. i'd also get a micro pog, and m.i. audio will be coming out with a new synthy pedal called the polyana soon (hopefully).

• Members

OK .

I'll buy the Behringer.

We are about to record a demo ep ,so i'll make sure that song goes on it .

You guys will get to hear it and hopefully give some feedback on the song as well as what you think of the pedal.

Stay tuned...........

• Members

Received the US600 today, and I don't say this often, but what a piece of {censored}e... The "harmonist" mode doesn't seem to care at all what key you set it to - or what key you're playing in, for that matter. Set the thing to E major, play an E note and you consistently get a minor third, which sometimes creep up to the major third as the note decays. Often, it couldn't decide at all, and just kept fluttering between the minor and major third. :(

The other modes did their job ok, but the overall sound had a quite metallic/synthetic tint to it. The detune mode (set to slight detune, with the delay time at minimum and the mix around 50%) can do a nice chorus without the "swoosh" - instant 80's flashback... but again, the metallic sound spoiled the fun for me.

In the "trem bar" and flutter modes, the mix knob sets the overall level - so make sure you set it to 100% before you turn the mode knob, or else you'll wonder what happened to your signal... But even with that knob fully up, you lose quite a bit of signal and punch. Removing the pedal from the chain brought it all back...

I bought this on a whim, as I need 2-part guitar harmonies on a couple of lead lines in an upcoming production. However, as the harmony mode failed so miserably, I have no use for it. I'll give the PS-5 a test spin, to see if it will fare better, but this one goes right back to Thomann (or in the bin - I haven't had time to check their return policy out yet). CRAP.

/Andreas

Archived