any announcements future Eventide pedals?

arcadesonfire

• Members

I'd like to hear an example of a song with useful pitch effects. The only thing I can think of is that
Ballerina
song Vai did. Any suggestions?

That radiohead tune...the title riffs on Subterraintian Homesick Blues (help anyone?)... comes to mind

Pursuit of Happiness "I'm an adult" and Yes "owner of a lonely heart" both use shifters in their solos

Ive heard a few Rage Against the machine tunes use some pitch shifting (specific titles I'll leave to guys more familiar with the group)

Laurie Anderson used some pitch shifting in works like "home of the brave"

here's one I'm partial to

• Members

I'd like to hear an example of a song with useful pitch effects. The only thing I can think of is that
Ballerina

U2

Any song that Edge uses "shimmer" on

Even Better than the Real Thing- not so subtle use

Beautiful Day- the bridge

If You Wear that Velvet Dress

Gone- the intro

Hold Me, Thrill Me, etc.

:idk:

• Members

Ballerina

Ballerina is a great example of the harmonizer actually playing a substantial part of the melody, but there are countless songs that need a second harmonized part. Hotel California just isn't the same without it! ;)

all of us hope so, but to this point its just been wishful thinking.

I hope they do - they certainly have the reputation, history and experience to do it - but there has been nothing announced, nor even any credible rumors that it's in the works at all. But considering their expertise with pitch shifting, it would SEEM to be a natural for them.

Yes, I've asked the Eventide folks about it myself - no word on any plans at this time. :(

Archived