How often do you use your Whammy?

deluxe74

• Members
I would loveto buy one (prolly used on ebay) but I don't know if I want to spend $120+ on a pedal I will use just a few times. How versitile do you find this thang?
:confused:

First time i bought one around 2003 and never used it! Then I sold it!
Then I bought a now one back in the beginning of 2007 and now I use it very often!
Just to add some spacy sounds (2ovtaves up) over loops or get the special thing to some solos (1octave up)!
I really love it! Just get one you wont regret

• Members

The whammy can be very useful -- there are several settings where it's very subtle so you can thicken up your sound without necessarily sounding like you're using an octave pedal. It also has some chorus-y sounds that can be very useful, but as versatile as it is, it is still a modulation pedal and you would probably get more use out of a dirt pedal of some sort.

That being said, it has pretty much stayed on my small board.

• Members

my whammy wah was the first pedal i ever bought some.. 11 years ago.. i still have it, but i haven't used it for ages.

i tried it the other day because i was able to put it in a blendable fx loop (solving bypass/tone sucking issues).. i wanted to test it coz i was considering getting a PS-5, but i just don't have the same love for the effect as i used to.. nothing i played sounded much good..

i won't sell it though. its a sentimental thing.. and its signed by Muse

Archived