"Secrets in the Water" : My second song post

• Members

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6353161

1968646165_e243b60bcd.jpg

This one's coming from my love of Bebel Gilberto, Buddha Bar, Cocteau Twins, Duran Duran, etc. I even have my wife contributing backup vocals. Lot's of pedals used: BOSS PS-3, BOSS RV-3, BOSS PN-2 (for slow stereo panning), Deluxe Memory Man, Flanger Hoax, Small Stone, PolyChorus, Blackfinger. I'm also using the vibrato and spring reverb in my Vibroverb for the slide guitar part.

At 5:16, this one is slow and long, but it's meant to be like a slow-boat to China in a foggy haze, so if you're into that kind of thing, I hope it's worth your time. :wave:

• Members

I like that a lot! It definitely fits well with the kind of music that gets on the ESL label. Awesome sense of space. Both you and your lady-unit have great voices. It's probably the most unique/skilled voice I've heard on these forums. Link to your first song?

• Members

I like that a lot! It definitely fits well with the kind of music that gets on the ESL label. Awesome sense of space. Both you and your lady-unit have
great
voices. It's probably the most unique/skilled voice I've heard on these forums. Link to your first song?

:) Thanks, veil. My wife and I love Thievery Corporation, so I appreciate the comparison.

Here's my first song post (quite different): http://soundclick.com/share?songid=5906738

• Members

haha that was a fun song too. Vocals reminded me of a Bond theme, which is totally awesome. It's really nice to hear some non-guitarcentric music on here.
:thu:

oooo... I like the Bond theme comparison also. Tres :cool: Thanks again!

Deceptively, there are no keys on Every Door. It's all guitars (minus the drum programming), albeit heavily processed with pedals to sound like synths.

• Members

Man you create some quality work. I was a big, big fan of your last song (and wish you had it available for download).

Lots of great things going on this track, but three things that really caught my ear was the tasty, subtle panning, the flange on the vocals and the great slide solo. Very tasty tone on that solo.

• Members

Thanks again, everybody!

I'm recording with a relatively primitive and budget system. It's an old computer from 2000 with Win98, but it's dedicated, and not networked. I transfer all my files by hardcopy. The software is Cubase 5.0. The soundcard is an M-Audio Delta 1010. The preamps are a Presonus Bluetube DP, ADA MB-1, and an M-Audio Audio Buddy. The mics are a RODE NTK, SM58, AKG D770, and an AKG C2000b. The percussion tracks are a mix of live audio tracks and Hammerhead 1.0 :love:

• Members
Thanks again, everybody!

I'm recording with a relatively primitive and budget system. It's an old computer from 2000 with Win98, but it's dedicated, and not networked. I transfer all my files by hardcopy. The software is Cubase 5.0. The soundcard is an M-Audio Delta 1010. The preamps are a Presonus Bluetube DP, ADA MB-1, and an M-Audio Audio Buddy. The mics are a RODE NTK, SM58, AKG D770, and an AKG C2000b. The percussion tracks are a mix of live audio tracks and Hammerhead 1.0
:love:

Not turn to this into a complete love fest, but I was going to praise you on your production abilities. With all this talk about your playing, voice, and ect., it is easy to gloss over you have some really nice production chops. Considering you are using what you called a

• Members

I'll join the love-fest. Although not my favorite genre of music, you do it very well. Your voice has a very "80's" flavor... in a good way. I liked your other song too.

For some reason I can see this going over better in Europe rather than the states.

Nice job!

• Members
Your voice has a very "80's" flavor... in a good way. I liked your other song too... For some reason I can see this going over better in Europe rather than the states.

:wave: Thanks!

I agree. It seems there isn't a very big audience for my kind of music in the US - for most Americans it's too slow, too mellow, too "ghey," too synthetic, too outdated, etc. Oh well, I'll just keep my day-job ;)

Peace Y'all!!!

• Members

Hey on ''Every Door''

Is the intro done with the Hog?

I love the chords you use for it.
:love:

:) Thanks, tubezipper. I recorded the track before I bought the HOG. It's a BOSS PS-3, as well as a BOSS RV-3, a PolyChorus, a Deluxe Electric Mistress, and a vintage Stereo Memory Man (which I've since sold).

Archived