"Secrets in the Water" : My second song post

• Members
:wave:
Thanks!

I agree. It seems there isn't a very big audience for my kind of music in the US - for most Americans it's too slow, too mellow, too "ghey," too synthetic, too outdated, etc. Oh well, I'll just keep my day-job
;)

Peace Y'all!!!

There is a GROWING market for the 80's flashbacks.

I would shop that Bond type demo. Make more of a hook..."That would be..." If you based the whole song around that hook, and simplified it for the masses......then hired a backup band of some young "The Bravery"- type dudes....then get featured in an episode of Greys Anatomy....I really think that song could be a big hit.

As it is, it is a great song....Good work.

• Members
Thanks again, everybody!

I'm recording with a relatively primitive and budget system. It's an old computer from 2000 with Win98, but it's dedicated, and not networked. I transfer all my files by hardcopy. The software is Cubase 5.0. The soundcard is an M-Audio Delta 1010. The preamps are a Presonus Bluetube DP, ADA MB-1, and an M-Audio Audio Buddy. The mics are a RODE NTK, SM58, AKG D770, and an AKG C2000b. The percussion tracks are a mix of live audio tracks and Hammerhead 1.0
:love:

Definitely great sounding stuff. I wish i knew more about production and everything in order to get my stuff to sound this good...

And shameless SPAM: He's using an Audio Buddy! I've got one of those for sale!

Archived