Your Great eBay Experiences?

Kid_A

• Members

I know we always hear about disastrous eBay experiences on here... or we are used to doing very impersonal deals on eBay...

But I just got a guitar off this Australian guy based in Japan and he was nothing short of {censored}ing awsome. Admitedly he broke a pole piece on one of the pickups, so he called from Tokyo and left a voicemail explaining what had happned and was so sorry so offered me any of his guitars he had on ebay. Some were

• Members
I know we always hear about disastrous eBay experiences on here... or we are used to doing very impersonal deals on eBay...

But I just got a guitar off this Australian guy based in Japan and he was nothing short of {censored}ing awsome. Admitedly he broke a pole piece on one of the pickups, so he called from Tokyo and left a voicemail explaining what had happned and was so sorry so offered me any of his guitars he had on ebay. Some were

• Members

I've never had any real problems......it's certainly saved me a few quid over the years and helped me shift some stuff. I remember pre-ebay days it was a nightmare trying to find things you wanted. For all it's faults, it's an amazing thing to an old git like me. :)

• Members

A few years ago I high bid a Marshall Jubilee amplifier for less than half the normal value and the seller followed through with the sale! The auction ended around middle of the night/early morning and i was the only one bidding. I resold it on ebay a few months later, it went up to nearly twice as much that time.

• Members

Best experience as a buyer?

I bid on an item that had a description in German, so I misunderstood the description. I contacted the seller to ask if he would mind cancelling my bid. He was very gracious, and kindly did not hold me to my bid.

Best experience as a seller?

I sold a 4track recorder to a guitarist in Chicago. He sent me extra cash beyond what I billed him for. He told me to keep the change, and thanked me for making the transaction so easy.

These are great eBay experiences for me because they remind me that, despite all the lawsuit-threatening-buyers and incompetent-sellers roaming around out there, there are still folks who understand simple courtesy. I appreciate that, and I do my best to give the same.

• Members

I've had a lot of great deals on ebay. Only time it didn't really go as planned was when a pedal arrived and turned out to be broken, but it was easily refunded and resolved. My dad got ripped off once on an ebay scam, but I've had a lot of great luck.

• Members

I bought my thoroughly awesome Tele off the bay. It is a project guitar, made from all the best parts, which separately must be worth over $1000...but because it isn't a "real Fender" I got it for $500 shipped. It's better than Fender. The funny thing is, the headstock says "Fender Broadcaster" and everyone thinks it's this fantastic vintage piece because of the B16 Bigsby.

I love my baby.

Archived