EHX Photo OP

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dont want to even think about how many wall warts that is.

At the worst I've filled up 4 surge protectors (using the extenders) in my studio.

Until I get a much larger room to work in, I'm now scaling down my pedal board at any given time. I've spent about 2 years now just learning the ins-and-outs of how to use these boxes, and now that I feel pretty proficient with them. It's time for me to start learning how to build small boards for specific purposes.

I started a thread at the EHX forum about assembling portable rigs: http://www.ehx.com/forums/viewthread/918/

• Members
I would imagine that there is a fair amount of hiss if all of those sweeties are hooked up together! You are the meaning in my life...you're my inspiration....
:lol:

:love:

Amazingly enough, there is zero hiss -except when using The Worm or The Flanger Hoax. These pedals are dead quiet in my studio. I must have a very clean power source and good grounding. You'd be amazed how quiet it is.

• Members
:love:

Amazingly enough, there is zero hiss -except when using The Worm or The Flanger Hoax. These pedals are dead quiet in my studio. I must have a very clean power source and good grounding. You'd be amazed how quiet it is.

So the EHX Hum-debugger is all but useless for other EHX effects! That's pretty surprising, my Pog is a bit hissy and I remember the HG+ being quite bad too. Though I'm in the UK, so maybe it's a power issue?

• Members

So the EHX Hum-debugger is all but useless for other EHX effects! That's pretty surprising, my Pog is a bit hissy and I remember the HG+ being quite bad too. Though I'm in the UK, so maybe it's a power issue?

When I bring my gear to my parents' house, the noise is almost unbearable; but that's because the grounding was installed in the '50s, and they haven't updated the circuit and outlets except in the kitchen. When I use the same gear in my house, I don't have any of the noise issues.

The Worm, The Flanger Hoax, and of course The Big Muff Pi are exceptions. They are pretty noisy regardless. I don't have a POG, so I can't say about that. My Holy Grail, Holier Grail, and Holiest Grail are all dead quiet.

I promise I'm not making this up. I even use single coils and vintage tube amps forcryin'outloud.

• Members
Updated, April, 2009:

3476446627_b5f9d1ced4.jpg

Past pic, April, 2008:

One of my best friends is a visual artist and has invited me to collaborate with him on a museum installation. I disassembled my rig to pick out the effects I want to use for the project, and took the opportunity to get a snapshot of my EHX boxes.

2406433660_4664449458_b.jpg

:love::love::love::love:

• Members

The mrs. just asked me how much money you got on those boards, and how long does it take to set up completely.

You just made me look like a good buyer and a very organized man, one more reason to love you, God bless you man.

• Members

Not yet. My tube pedals all still have the stock EHX tubes in them, and they work fine. If I were to ever need to switch them out, I'd get EHX again.

Not yet.

I meant different types of tubes, like 12x7 or 12ay7, but I guess you haven't done that either.

• Members

The mrs. just asked me how much money you got on those boards, and how long does it take to set up completely.

$ I don't want to think about it :facepalm:

I'm not really gigging regularly these days, so I don't have to worry about setup time; but if I start up again, I'll keep things compact. This weekend I just got a couple of EHX Pedal Bags, so I'm starting to think about how to keep my rigs portable. The problem is that I'd have a different rig every gig :freak:

3477038968_eb44e0999c.jpg3473323973_841eb99dd4.jpg

• Members

How are your English Muff'n and Wiggler working out for you? Are you already thinking of switching out the tubes?

The English Muff'n is :love:. I was just wondering if you'd tried different tubes because I know that all the different tube combos I've tried in the English Muff'n had very noticeable changes, but didn't know if there would be as much variation in something like the Wiggler. I'll experiment with different tubes in it when it gets here, won't be here until late this week :cry:

• Members

Updated, April, 2009:

3476446627_b5f9d1ced4.jpg

Past pic, April, 2008:

One of my best friends is a visual artist and has invited me to collaborate with him on a museum installation. I disassembled my rig to pick out the effects I want to use for the project, and took the opportunity to get a snapshot of my EHX boxes.

2406433660_4664449458_b.jpg

[img deleted by Phil - that's going a bit too far Greedo. :cop: ]

Archived