EHX Photo OP

• Members

true, it might not replace it at all......depends if I get the ehx and what I think of it when I do!!
:)

The germ OD is a very peculiar beast. It takes some time to dial in tones because the BIAS and VOLTS knobs interact dependently upon each other. I haven't really figured it out quite yet. Funny how just 3 pots can be so complex.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, I've drooled in front of it at least 20 times; but I don't think I've ever heard it in context with a full band. Did Frusciante use it on any RHCP tracks?

nah, only for the demo's on ehx. It's good that he didn't use it, otherwise people would think i'm stealing his sound:poke:

you're missing a: Frequency Analyser.

I think you could do with a 2880:thu:

• Members

nah, only for the demo's on ehx. It's good that he didn't use it, otherwise people would think i'm stealing his sound:poke:

you're missing a: Frequency Analyser.

I think you could do with a 2880:thu:

...and a Hotfoot pedal, and a Queen Wah, and a Bi-Filter, and a Tube EQ, and a Holy Stain, and a Graphic Fuzz, and an Attack Decay, and...

I saw a vintage Freq Analyzer for BIN on eBay a couple of days ago for only $99. I had to use my left hand to hold back my right hand from hitting the button :freak: I really need help.

• Members

whatsup w/that blueface DMM

is that the Edge limited edition model or something? Almost accurate delay times, but not quite?

kidding...

It's the first edition DMM from '77 - '78. No modulation on it. It uses the old Reticon SAD1024 BBDs. Very grainy and lofi, but super-sweet. I had it reconditioned by Howard Davis recently, so it gets at least 500ms now. I think Edge started using them in '79, when they changed to the black graphic and the Panasonic chips.

• Members
...and a Hotfoot pedal, and a Queen Wah, and a Bi-Filter, and a Tube EQ, and a Holy Stain, and a Graphic Fuzz, and an Attack Decay, and...

I saw a vintage Freq Analyzer for BIN on eBay a couple of days ago for only $99. I had to use my left hand to hold back my right hand from hitting the button
:freak:
I really need help.

Yes. You do need help:lol:

You are missing every eh pedal ever made. It's an expensive addiction. Much better than other stuff if you know what i mean.:thu:

• Members

yeah, what is the instant replay?

The Instant Replay is a 1980 one second lofi sampler - one of the first ever produced for the mass market, and designed by David Cockerell (Chief Design Engineer who designed the Small Stone, MicroSynth, 16 Sec Delay, 2880, POG, HOG, Stereo Electric Mistress, and the SMMH).

It has a 1/4" input jack for any audio source, and a 1/4" output jack. It can be triggered by just about anything that creates a pulse into another 1/4" jack - a guitar, a microphone, or the trigger pad that comes with it. The controls allow you to set the gain of the audio source input, the sensitivity of the trigger, and the speed/pitch of the sample. There is also a slide switch for infinite repeat of the sample. The momentary switch/button puts the IR into record mode. What's great about the IR is that is knows when the audio source has begun, and starts to record on its own; so you don't have to time the switch with the beginning of your audio source.

I like to use a pair of complimentary airline headphones as a snare drum trigger. I've used everything from my voice, to guitar noise, to percussion, to Hammerhead userbanks as audio sources for the samples. It's a fun way to make my drums sound like the 1980s.

• Members

how rare are the eqs?

The silver ones are older. I see them come up on eBay every few months or so, and they usually sell between $50 - $100. The black ones are harder to find. I've only seen a couple of them on eBay in the last couple of years. They're a bit more expensive, but have a sturdier design.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

^_^ Awesome!

is that some rare yellow memory man?

The yellow paintjob isn't very common, though RSPOON at the EHX forum has one also. It's definitely an 80's model, by the look of the circuit board, and because most of the 70's models don't have the stereo chorus option. It sounds crisp, clean, and quiet.

Archived