Good dirt + other pedals for a Fender Rhodes?

• Members

My good friend, who is an exceptional musician on anything with keys (especially the hammond:eek:) is looking for some sweet pedals to make his Rhodes sound cooler. All I really have lying around is a fuzz face clone, I'm gonna let him borrow it, but does anyone know of some effects that really sound great with a Fender Rhodes?

• Members

A rotary pedal with a rate swap switch! I want to get a Pog just so I can do this.

Line 6 Rotomachine is probably your best quality to price ratio pedal for that. ProGuitarShop has a pretty killer demo on YouTube if you want to hear what I'm talking about.

• Members

My good friend, who is an exceptional musician on anything with keys (especially the hammond:eek:) is looking for some sweet pedals to make his Rhodes sound cooler. All I really have lying around is a fuzz face clone, I'm gonna let him borrow it, but does anyone know of some effects that really sound great with a Fender Rhodes?

Any chance he needs a Rhodes cab for that bad boy?

• Members

Our Rhodes player uses a tube screamer, which sounds great, also tried a treble booster which was nearly as good. Just running it through an overdriven valve amp will sound cool as well. The roger mayer voodoo vibe is also a great pedal with lots of options for sounds (Vibrato/Tremolo/Univibe).

• Members

Our Rhodes player uses a tube screamer, which sounds great, also tried a treble booster which was nearly as good. Just running it through an overdriven valve amp will sound cool as well. The roger mayer voodoo vibe is also a great pedal with lots of options for sounds (Vibrato/Tremolo/Univibe).

I told my friend he needs to get a tube amp, right now he is using a crate bass amp, 1x15, but he probably plays the Rhodes least, after his keyboards, electric piano and organ, so I don

• Members

Yeah a tube amp will definitely warm things up considerably, I'd also look into getting a DMM for him. As far as tube amp, maybe a Twin Reverb? I know they're designed to have rhodes played through them but maybe something a bit warmer would do the trick?

• Members

Yeah a tube amp will definitely warm things up considerably, I'd also look into getting a DMM for him. As far as tube amp, maybe a Twin Reverb? I know they're designed to have rhodes played through them but maybe something a bit warmer would do the trick?

If you can't get warm with a Twin Reverb you're doing it wrong.

Rhodeseseses sound really awesome through guitar amps because they make them really midrangey and cool. Use a TR and you can use the the tremolo and reverb, which is {censored}ing radical.

• Members

A Boss CE-1 Chorus Ensemble sounds beautiful with a Fender Rhodes!

[YOUTUBE]O5Vd57cVKw8[/YOUTUBE]

:love: :love:

• Members

Rhodeseseses sound really awesome through guitar amps because they make them really midrangey and cool. Use a TR and you can use the the tremolo and reverb, which is {censored}ing radical.

Questionable plural form, I agree with this post. Twins work quite nicely with Rhodes. In my experience, lots of amps would work with a Rhodes. They just each accentuate something different about the tone. I've had a lot of fun running one into a Marshall JMP or a small amp. The touch sensitivity also works well for overdrives, envelope filters, ring mods, and fuzzes, and an amp on the brink will sound really nice with it.

However, like I said, different players like different sounds and how much bark or chime they want out of the thang. If your friend is down, he could easily start buying all the same effects guitarists dig.

• Members

Questionable plural form, I agree with this post. Twins work quite nicely with Rhodes. In my experience, lots of amps would work with a Rhodes. They just each accentuate something different about the tone. I've had a lot of fun running one into a Marshall JMP or a small amp. The touch sensitivity also works well for overdrives, envelope filters, ring mods, and fuzzes, and an amp on the brink will sound really nice with it.

However, like I said, different players like different sounds and how much bark or chime they want out of the thang. If your friend is down, he could easily start buying all the same effects guitarists dig.

your location field is hilarious.

• Members

Well with a guitar that's easy to say, but the rhodes has a hell of a lot more output than a guitar pickup, and those higher registers can get ice-pick-in-ear painful. I do agree with you though, it can sound awesome with some skilled EQing and some patience.

Archived