OT: Anyone else a "car guy"?

flump

• Members

I was just wondering if anyone else in here is really into cars. Seeing as how both cars and playing guitar cost a bit of money one often gets neglected for a period of time for me.

I own an EVO IX at the moment, and I love driving the thing. I have taken it to a dragstrip a few times, but I would like to autocross it in the near future.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else is really into cars... be it American muscle, European, or Japanese.

• Members

I've never had a driving lesson in my 30 years of existence and I never want one. However I love certain race competitions: the World Rally Championship, BTCC, things like that. Not a NASCAR or F1 fan.

So here's why I like rallying. Colin McRae, 2002, going round St Wendel. Check out the two powerslides from 1:26 and 3:05. Brilliant :)

hUDXeqFSVB8

• Members

hahaha, I don't think the mods appreciated what I did to that vespa!!!! :lol:

taking a can of matt black paint and a hacksaw to a scooter is frowned upon. :D

I thought it looked pretty neat myself, especially the {censored} off exaust hanging out the side!!!

• Members

I love watching WRC although it hasn't been on tv as much lately. Those guys definitely have a screw loose, especially the navigator. He doesn't even have control of the damn car. I'm a big fan of F1 too though.

• Members

I was just wondering if anyone else in here is really into cars. Seeing as how both cars and playing guitar cost a bit of money one often gets neglected for a period of time for me.

I own an EVO IX at the moment, and I love driving the thing. I have taken it to a dragstrip a few times, but I would like to autocross it in the near future.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else is really into cars... be it American muscle, European, or Japanese.

I dig cars, but I'm not super into it. I do miss driving stick though. I live in San Francisco with my girlfriend and we only need one car here since we barely drive. She doesn't drive stick so I am stuck with an automatic only.

So do you practice doing all that heel-toe crap? Man, I don't think I'll ever get that into driving. But then you go read an article in Car and Driver and they make it seem like that's how everyone drives a manual.

• Members

I dig cars, but I'm not super into it. I do miss driving stick though. I live in San Francisco with my girlfriend and we only need one car here since we barely drive. She doesn't drive stick so I am stuck with an automatic only.

So do you practice doing all that heel-toe crap? Man, I don't think I'll ever get that into driving. But then you go read an article in Car and Driver and they make it seem like that's how everyone drives a manual.

No, I don't really do the heel-toe stuff. Every once in a while I try it for fun, but I've found that my feet are generally too big to do it unless I'm barefoot. It's hard to find places to drive spiritedly, though, cause I'm not about to be the asshat on the road driving like an idiot putting other people in danger.

• Members

No, I don't really do the heel-toe stuff. Every once in a while I try it for fun, but I've found that my feet are generally too big to do it unless I'm barefoot. It's hard to find places to drive spiritedly, though, cause I'm not about to be the asshat on the road driving like an idiot putting other people in danger.

That's why they have these:

PR16-1.jpg

I thought it was pretty stupid that they made "driving shoes" until I realized how crazy heel-toe driving really is. Though I still think they are kind of funny.

But if you plan on driving autocross style, you'll have to learn the heel-toe stuff. But thank you for not practicing it like a crazy douche bag on the streets like some of the crazy asians in their STi's around here (and I am allowed to say that because I too am asian...and crazy).

• Members

Are you on evolutionm.net? I used to be on the website all the time. It would be my home page but when I visited this site this turned to my home page:wave:

Yea, I actually just got on there. Truth be told there are a lot of assholes that drive evos. I am quite familiar with the 4g63 platform though because I owned a 98 eclipse gsx for 5 years. It was pretty heavily modded, but I only dipped into the 11's on the strip once on pump gas.

• Members

I love late sixties to early seventies muscle cars.
I have owned a number of them over the years
1969 Javelin 390 sst all tricked out
1970 Mark Donahue Javelin SST 360 4 SPEED
1971 Javelin AMX 401
1970 AMX 390 4 SPEED all tricked out

Stupidly and sadly I wrecked two and sold two so I am curently looking at cars....that new Stang Bullitt looks great!!

• Members

Yea, I actually just got on there. Truth be told there are a lot of assholes that drive evos. I am quite familiar with the 4g63 platform though because I owned a 98 eclipse gsx for 5 years. It was pretty heavily modded, but I only dipped into the 11's on the strip once on pump gas.

Yup, they're all assholes there but I kind of agree with some of those assholes. The new guys that come on there just ask about blow off valves and which ones are the loudest and which exhaust is the loudest and which intake they should get. Then, they talk about how they like to street race and a couple of months later you see them dead on the news. I wish I knew some more people who were into cars and gear.

• Members

except for classics and a few exceptions cars are the worst investment you can make. my car is simply transportation from point a to point b. those {censored}ing fast and furious movies really dumbed down americas youth. there has been a rash of deady car crashes around here lately, many teens dead, all of them trying to pass their stupid friends at excessive speeds in their tiny, weightless civics and mitsubishis. well I can't say its all kids with cheap little cars. I can't count the number of times a mustang or other big engine, expensive, fast car has pulled up next to my little 4 cylinder, gas efficient car at a red light and revved their engine and wanted to race me. I laugh at them and gesture with both hands towards the hood of my car. hmmm, I wonder which car is faster, your gas guzzling 8 cylinder or my fuel sipping 4 cylinder???

Archived