New TGP Rule???

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

$12 sounds a decent deal to me. It's a method of cutting down on fraudulent dealers. Someone who's looking to rip people off through fake pedal sales aren't really going to want to hand over details at time of subscription payment
that could later be used if they do rip people off.

sorry man,no way TGP is going to let you know any private details about a members personal info,even scammers!just like HC wouldn't hand out IP addresses for known scammers.

• Members

But their reasoning is horse{censored}. If they were honest, I'd have no problem. The reason: they had to lease two servers for the site. WHOA! Really? There are 30k members over there. If each gave a buck a month, well, you can do the math.

If they just said: we'd like to make money off of this site, ok. Fine. No problem. It's a for profit business now. No biggie. But the lie. :poke:

Anyone wanna venture what a server costs? Not to lease the {censored}ing thing, but to just buy it outright....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Members

Do you have their bills on hand to prove that? Theyve said in the SOTGP threads that it costs them several grand a year to maintain the site.

They've had contributions from, and this is from their notes "10% of the members." Assuming that was only a buck each, and I've given some, then that's 3 grand.

I can't imagine it's costing 10k a month to run that place. And that's what they're going to be making if only 1/3 of the members subscribe to the lowly package they're asking.

• Members

why don't they just sell ad space in their forum to the big guys like this place?

hell, they'd probably make more money....or is that in the works too, kind of double dipping

again, don't mind that they make money, it's their site, do as they wish, but to try to say leasing two servers is the reason....:D :D

um, ok

• Members

^^ I wonder if that would work?

HC seems like a bigger operation than TGP... right? Or am I mistaken?

if you told company X, that you had 30k members viewing your page at any given time who had a propensity for buying gear, i'd imagine that would get the attention of any marketing exec looking to turn a buck

and they wouldn't have to charge much

• Members
I think if they are taking money for people to sell stuff on their site that would give them some responsibility for problems.

the shun that responsibility nonetheless, and then, to turn the knife once it's in, they won't even let you warn others :D

{censored}ING A BRILLIANT!

• Members

I think if they are taking money for people to sell stuff on their site that would give them some responsibility for problems.

+100

I asked about that and got jumped on by a bunch of regulars.

$12 isn't too much until you do the math. They've got roughly 30,000 members, if you figure that 10-15% of em will pay up they're making a hell of a lot more then just hosting fees. For that they should step up and take some responsibility if you get ripped off by a paying member.

• Members
+100

I asked about that and got jumped on by a bunch of regulars.

$12 isn't too much until you do the math. They've got roughly 30,000 members, if you figure that 10-15% of em will pay up they're making a hell of a lot more then just hosting fees. For that they should step up and take some responsibility if you get ripped off by a paying member.

That might scare off other paying members though :idk:

• Members

Find a forum that offers that. Even one. There is no way that is implied, or promised. Never has happened, never will be. You don't want to pay the fee, that's cool. It is what it is.

:poke::poke::poke:

Archived