New TGP Rule???

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If that is true that is pretty lame. There is a lot of ways to contribute to a forum, and money is only one way. They will probably lose membership. Eh, whatever, TGP is becoming such a snob of a forum, all the way fromm the leadership, down to the protected pedal makers to the cork sniffers that make up the ad nauseum headhache that is TGP.

• Members

TGP MEMBER SUBSCRIPTIONS

We have made some major changes in the different permissions that govern what members can utilize on TGP. The major change involves who can start threads in the emporium (for sale) topic areas. As of May 4, 2008 ONLY Supporting Members will be able to place ads in the various for sale areas. Regular members can still respond to ads, but cannot start their own ads. Regular members who would like to become Supporting Members can do so by purchasing a subscription. For more information on all of this, please click on the link below:

this equates to tgp being ebay. You want to sell, we take some of your profit... :lol: This is laughable, because selling used gear rarely equate to making a profit :lol: Nice going TGP :lol:

thanks for this thread. I had a laugh today.

• Members
this equates to tgp being ebay. You want to sell, we take some of your profit...
:lol:
This is laughable, because selling used gear rarely equate to making a profit
Nice going TGP

thanks for this thread. I had a laugh today.

How much is a TGP subscription? Never tried joining there as I don't have an email address with my ISP as I'm on someone else's network and can't be arsed.

• Members
$12 for a year sounds very reasonable to me.

Plus its all being run out of one or two guys' pockets. TGP isn't being run by GC (not to say its average member is in the poor house). Look at Something Awful - the pay to play format works pretty good there.

I did have some pedals for sale over there that were getting many more bites than they were here. If you want to sell, do so, its only $1 a month. If not, post your more boutique stuff here in the spam threads :) Everyone wins!

• Members

$12 sounds a decent deal to me. It's a method of cutting down on fraudulent dealers. Someone who's looking to rip people off through fake pedal sales aren't really going to want to hand over details at time of subscription payment that could later be used if they do rip people off.

• Members

$12 sounds a decent deal to me. It's a method of cutting down on fraudulent dealers. Someone who's looking to rip people off through fake pedal sales aren't really going to want to hand over details at time of subscription payment that could later be used if they do rip people off.

That seems like a pretty good idea actually.

Archived