Explain to me the Boss PS-3

krisnrg

• Members

Does it have pitch shifting and delay as separate functions or does it pitch shift the delay.

The reason I ask is because it seems a lot of people like this pedal. I thought it might be worth owning one later.

Also a have a Timefactor already but the Timefactor wont pitch shift so the PS3 is still useful right?

Also I have a Ch1 chorus(which i don't use) and I heard the PS3 can do chorus.

Is the Chorus on the PS3 better then the CH1?

Maybe I can get rid of my DD-6 and CH1 and get a PS3.

Thanks

• Members

what happens when you want to use chorus with a delay?

9 times out of 10 people who have ps-3 use them in mode 7 which is a delay, but with each delay it changes pitch.

i laugh every time i see what they go for on ebay.

i have 2 i got both for $120 and $95.

both are in mode 7 and the first goes down one octive with every repeat and the other goes up an octive with every repeat.

everyone who has 2 sets them up this way, because its like skydiving while having an orgasm and finding out you just won the lottery and you'll finally be able to afford those ps-3's they are selling on ebay

• Members

Sometimes I think things are pretty self explanatory but I guess not this time around.

The PS3 delays, pitch shifts, and pitch shifts delay.

It also does chorus and flange and weird slabback reverb.

wait it does flange?

love the slapback reverb though. mode 6 everything at noon! soo good.

• Members

what happens when you want to use chorus with a delay?

9 times out of 10 people who have ps-3 use them in mode 7 which is a delay, but with each delay it changes pitch.

i laugh every time i see what they go for on ebay.

i have 2 i got both for $120 and $95.

both are in mode 7 and the first goes down one octive with every repeat and the other goes up an octive with every repeat.

everyone who has 2 sets them up this way, because its like skydiving while having an orgasm and finding out you just won the lottery and you'll finally be able to afford those ps-3's they are selling on ebay

I had that exact avatar for awhile before everyone begged me to change it.

And since you're calling it that in your sig shows me you're not ready.

• Members

ok

wait till wedsday!

im going to do a comprehensive demo of everything it has to offer.

its gonna be like 10 mins long.

Thanks

Um man they are expensive. But that's is freaking cool.

Also I still have the Timefactor if I wanna use Chorus and Delay at the same time.

Also the Timefactor does chorus too(I think you can have it on with/without delay too)

Man it's cause I'm wanting to get ambient type sounds so I'm looking into different things. PS3 seems great for strange sounds

Also I might want a cool reverb later...

• Members

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOSS-PS-3-PS3-Digital-Pitch-Shifter-Delay_W0QQitemZ180240028993QQihZ008QQcategoryZ41420QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Holy crap this thing is up to $255.00 Are you kidding me???? I purchased mine on the bay 6 months ago (in superior condition) for 102.00.

I wonder if all this chatter on HCFX is driving up the popularity of this pedal?

:freak:

• Members

Holy crap this thing is up to $255.00 Are you kidding me???? I purchased mine on the bay 6 months ago (in superior condition) for 102.00.

I wonder if all this chatter on HCFX is driving up the popularity of this pedal?

:freak:

i bet it is.

• Members

hey guys, i read this thread and i still have no idea how this pedal works :p

:poke:

ive never used a harmonizer before but ive heard it on record and i wouldnt mind getting one. i was thinking about doing the old two delay pedals (one for long , one short) can anyone give a run down of what this pedal actualyl does ? :confused:

is a pitch shifter different to a harmonizer ? do you have to change your settings if you change key ? i.e do you set it up for say A Major and then you can only play in A Major

• Members

hey guys, i read this thread and i still have no idea how this pedal works
:p
:poke:

ive never used a harmonizer before but ive heard it on record and i wouldnt mind getting one. i was thinking about doing the old two delay pedals (one for long , one short) can anyone give a run down of what this pedal actualyl does ?
:confused:

is a pitch shifter different to a harmonizer ? do you have to change your settings if you change key ? i.e do you set it up for say A Major and then you can only play in A Major

read my earlier post.

wait untill like wedsday and ill have a comprehensive demo up and running of it.

and no its not a harmonizer, you dont have to set it up to a key.

Can do organ sounds like the micro pog, mode 7 is the mode everyone loves...no other pedal can do it.

• Members

Holy cow, that ebay auction is blowing my mind. It's a nice enough effect, but wow! Doesn't Boss have a couple of old rack systems that do the same thing and you can get dirt cheap these days?

They had various implementations of their pitch shifting in the SX/GX-700 stuff, the SE-50/70. I'm sure others

just depends on what you watnt out of it

• Members

read my earlier post.

wait untill like wedsday and ill have a comprehensive demo up and running of it.

Can do organ sounds like the micro pog, mode 7 is the mode everyone loves...no other pedal can do it.

ok , cheers. any reasons why it was discontinued ?

• Members

beats me, seems boss does that a lot. Make a pretty good pedal then retire it.
:idk:

They actually still make them. They sell them a few at a time on eBay for maximum dollarz.

Just kidding. For a lot of the vintage pedals, I believe it's because they ran out of parts. For some of the newer stuff, they just make something new that is either better in their minds, or cheaper to produce.

• Members

read my earlier post.

true that. I started a show with my old band by doing some wacked out delay stuff on mode 7 and everyone in the crowd had the most {censored}ed up look on their face wondering what it was

Archived