Raconteurs on Jools tonight!

melx

• Members

As a performer however Brendan is weaker thasn jack. At the gig in london everytime jack took the lead in some way there was a sort of buzz, a boost to the band. Brendan is a great singer and played well but he doesnt have the same sort of magic somehow. But i get the feeling he doesnt give a {censored}.

• Members

As a performer however Brendan is weaker thasn jack. At the gig in london everytime jack took the lead in some way there was a sort of buzz, a boost to the band. Brendan is a great singer and played well but he doesnt have the same sort of magic somehow. But i get the feeling he doesnt give a {censored}.

He definatly doesn't give a {censored} about being a rockstar, I saw him 4 times before the Racs and he always came across as a very humble and quite shy individual, I spoke to him once and he was a really really nice guy. Personally I get the opposite feeling when Jack starts singing I just think 'shut up' lol.....and I'm a white stripes fan!......I guess I'm just a bigger BB fan and like all BB fans I long for the day he gets back on the road with his own band again.

• Members

I thought those songs were ok on Jools. I love the new album but Jack White's singing on TV last night sucked. And as for them being the best out there right now, I'll bite my tongue.

Jack's singing almost always sucks. I hate him! Leave Brendan alone! Brendan! solo!

• Members

You shouldn't listen to any Jack White + etc. band for the vocals or the lyrics in my opinion. It's the guitars, the fuzz, the rhythm. It's an alternative perspective on blues and rock'n roll if you ask me.

Jack has more mojo. Brendan is better.

• Members

Brendan is great, i love the classic-ness of his voice and style. I was just saying when Jack took the lead there was somehow more vibe. HArd to explain. On the Jools Holland show though i agree that Jack is ropey.

yeah, I know what you mean, Jack certainly has a presence. I think is why the white stripes work, you need a big presence when it's just you and a drummer on stage I guess. I love Jack too, he's great!!

• Members

Bon Iver killed all on Jools.

word. even better with a full band. well, by full i mean the kid on baritone and the drummer.

as for glasvegas. jesus christ. what cr*p. fat, stupid glaswegians with ugly hair and no songs. just what the world needs.

Archived