Raconteurs on Jools tonight!

melx

• Members

Glasvegas = trying to be the Raveonettes and failing.

Mick Hucknall = twat.

On the other channel = Jean Claude Van Damme with a future-tastic mullet.

Glasvegas = trying to be JAMC and making a reasonable stab at it, I thought.

Mick Hucknall is a twat, who the {censored} buys his records?

Raconteurs & Nick Cave both pretty good, didn't see what pedals were being used though. The solo bloke on the resonator, Ben Iver (?), i thought he was great.

• Members

Glasvegas = trying to be JAMC and making a reasonable stab at it, I thought.

Mick Hucknall is a twat, who the {censored} buys his records?

Raconteurs & Nick Cave both pretty good, didn't see what pedals were being used though. The solo bloke on the resonator, Ben Iver (?), i thought he was great.

Bon Iver. PM Me for a treat.

• Members

wanna see!

mick hucknall still sells alot of records. and i may not be a fan, but he left behind punk to do soul music in the 80's. thats got some balls right there, so repsect..

edit: oh here it is

[YOUTUBE]mm4_htUbgrU[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Ok, you're supposed to start and finish on a positive...;)

The Raconteurs were cool...

I agree with the 'Mick Hucknall is a twat' shouts, he should change his name to Mick Horrible.

Someone needs to tell Jools Holland to stay the fuck off the piano... them same boogie-woogie piano licks every fucking week are enough to make you not want to watch the show... in fact I usually watch Jools with my thumb on the remote's mute button because of this and the abundance of shite 'world music' you have to endure (I don't mind when it's good world music, but there's a lot of shite...).

Sharleen Spiteri also bugs me intently. She stunk of someone who's witnessed some younger female performers doing something cool and thinking 'I'll have a crack at that'... the band she had were also amazingly horrible and reeked of cheddar, esp the drummer. I'm not sure if the term 'geg' is nationally or internationally known, but she is a geg of the highest order, and shit.

I like Glas Vegas... do a search here and you'll find I mentioned them quite a while back... yeah, nothing you haven't heard before, but I like 'em, I dig hearing the Glaswegian accent in the tunes... they make me think of those types of guys who live on rough arse council estates and are really into Elvis in a real secular way... and the way these two distinctly different worlds meet... maybe it's just me?:)

Anyway, I can imagine the Jocks loving them, I can see them having the Barrowlands and T In The Park bouncing...

But, best part of Jools for me was defo Nick Cave, thought that was great. Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds seem to get better with age... and I'm gonna buy that record today as a result of seeing the show last night.

Did everyone else get onto the guy playing the violin through his pedals and amp?

• Members

What a band!!! Love the albums and the live show i saw on Wednesday was mind blowing. Jacks solos in Blue Veins were stunning and Brendans voice is spot on live.

I should have gone to this, gutted.

Next time I will see you there. :)

• Members

Can't believe I missed them in Liverpool the other night, I only found out the day after! Plus, I was in the same venue the night before and didn't notice any posters or anything!

They're playing Reading, T in the Park and Glasto, so should see them at least once on this tour...

• Members

Nobody's better right now.

Definitely! My top favorite band ATM.

Sounds like Jacks voice is acting up on him again in Consolers of the Lonely. Anyone else notice think he was struggling just a bit? Maybe it's just me. :idk:

Can't wait to see them on the 5th!!! :rawk: Here's hoping Jack doesn't loose his voice like last year. That would suck. :cry:

• Members

I thought the Chatham County Line were pretty good too. It's still the best music program around, despite the twatage that the likes of Mick Hucknall can bring to it.

I thought Jack White sounded like he was forcing one out to be honest. Not good at all

Archived