~ pick your fuzz ~

Belt

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Modified Muff clone? Sounds great, I really want one of their Hoofs but I'm beginning to think that Earthquaker Devices is just a good dirt company.

im not sure what the dirt transmitter is designed off of. i just read on the website that he added a bias knob to the DT. mine is like #2 and the bias is a trim pot inside.

• Members

My favorite fuzz of the moment is my Monsterpiece NPN. Love it!

Honorable mentions:

Sovtek "Civil War" Big Muff

ZVex Fuzz Factory

Keeley Fuzz Head

really want to try a A.man Peppermint Fuzz and Sunface as well.

• Members

I'd never get rid of my big muff, so I guess it's that....it's not always the most useful or most versatile, but when I plug into it, it makes me smile like no other can.

I've been finding it more versatile recently. It never dawned on me to try it with the sustain down until now for some reason, but I'm reeaaallly liking it. I've been looking for an alternative but everytime I plug it in, I wonder why.

Though I am tempted by the Peppermint Fuzz...

• Members

Earthquaker Devices Hoof is an amazing muff clone, as is Skreddy Pink Flesh.

I prefer the Hoof for rhythm and the Pink Flesh for lead, it's got a smooher mid range, the Hoof has a tighter bass responce.

My Rat2 has been with me forever it seems and is still my favourite distortion pedal, not sure if I'd call it a fuzz, unless you run it flat out.

I'm not sure about Keeley Fuzzhead I have, can't get it to sound right with my gear....always too trebly and raspy for me. It's an early model with just a fuzz trim inside, no tone control.

• Members

The original Jordan Bosstone, the one that plugged directly into your guitar jack, Germanium or later Silicon version. Voodoo Labs pedal version although not as lo-fi, plays and sounds great as a more subtle Bosstone tribute. Why no one has attempted to recreate this brilliant little device is a mystery to me.

Archived