Good amplifier for effects

• Members

Ac30.

Twin reverb.

/Thread.

1.) you didn't look at his price range

2.) I actually have to agree, the cheap stuff IMO doesn't sound best with pedals and probably won't sound as good as a quality AC30/Twin Reverb

you could add marshall clones maybe, but I don't have any experience there

• Members

Ac30.

Twin reverb.

/Thread.

Agreed, might as well spend a little more and invest in the one amp you will use for the rest of your life. Otherwise you will end up selling the cheaper amp at a loss and buying the one you really want.

• Members

Would more then likely want a 2x12 for an amp. I have read the Roland Jazz is a good amp. Any other amp's that take pedal's and effects processors good for 300-500 bucks?

Thanks

:thu:

for a 2x12 in that price range i'd look for a used hot rod deville or a peavey classic 50

• Members

for a 2x12 in that price range i'd look for a used hot rod deville or a peavey classic 50

oh yeah, +1, forgot about the hot rod fenders. One's used on the craig near me for $400. If they are anything like the Blues Jr., they should work with pedals just fine.

• Members

If it helps any. I'm really just looking for an amp that would be totally dependent on a effect processor like how people use a Roland Jazz Chorus 120 and a Boss GT 6, 8 or now 10. One guy that just something with speakers would work. Though I don't know what the hell that would be besides a cabinet. I will be getting an a effect processor soon and I wanted something that will make it sound very genuine and pure with an amp.

basically my spending budget is 500 bucks for an amp. But ofcourse... spending less is nice too.

• Members
your gonna just be using a processor? maybe you could look into just a power amp and a 2x12 cab? IDK how much that would cost or the in's and out's of it but I'm sure someone here actually knows what I'm talking about
:lol:

TRY A ATOMIC REACTOR,OR TECH21 POWER ENGINE designed for just that:thu:

• Members

If you're using a multi-FX like the GT-10 or something along that line, you might want to consider a FRFR (full range, flat response) system like a mini PA or a keyboard amp. Its harder for guitarists to get used to but I've found that those set-ups work really well with multi effects processors. If you're really on a budget, check out the Behringer keyboard amps. Something like the K1800FX would cover all the ground you need quite nicely. Its not 2x12", though. If you're building around your effects setup and you use a multi-FX, there are quite a few amps to consider. Roland and Peavey both make mini PA systems as well as a few other companies
The AC30 is a great amp and so is the JC-120 if you are building from the ground up. You may eventually get tired of your effects processor but your amp can stay with you. Unless you need something immediately, I'd say save up for something better if you're buying a guitar amp.

• Members

fix'd.

Yeah, a bit out of price range, but I got mine for like $750 used. Just save up a bit more.
:)

Heckin' yes. I got a silverface Pro Reverb off Ebay last year for like $500 and its the best amp I've ever heard - this includes some boutique amps and other Fender amps. I've never run out of headroom either.

Edit: I've got a Roland Jc90 (2 10s) and its great for clean sounds too - I think the Fender sounds more natural with overdrive/distortion pedals though.

• Members

Jazz chorus is a great amp for effects as long as none of them are fuzz, distortion or overdrive.

(But it all depends on your conception of sound -- clean, distorted or whatever. There's lots of good amps for that price, especially if you don't need everything. If the amp is really going to be clean, speakers are going to be a major factor.)

• Members

I have been on eBay looking for some type of 2x12 amp. I found a couple Fender Stage 160's for like 150-200 bucks. Just a standard Fender solid state and it has 100 watt Celestion speakers in it.

Would these do decent with a effects processor?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Stage-160-Electric-Guitar-Amplifier-Amp_W0QQitemZ370054480175QQihZ024QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

lmk
daniel

Archived