Fish 'n' Chips vs. Dyna Comp...

tspit74

• Members

EDIT: Ignore title. I meant Surf 'n Turf

How different are the Dano Surf 'n' Turf and MXR Dyna-Comp compressors. I'm fairly amatuer in that my picking isn't the most consistent in the dynamic department. I was wondering if I would benefit from upgrading to a Dyna-Comp.

I have a S'n'Turf already and it seems okay. Is there some kind of sonic signature that I'm lacking that the MXR would give me over what I have?

Also, is the new Behringer DC-9 comparable to the MXR that it copies?

I play a '71 SG thru a Roland JC-77. Thanks!

• Members

How different are the Dano F'n'C and MXR Dyna-Comp compressors. I'm fairly amatuer in that my picking isn't the most consistent in the dynamic department. I was wondering if I would benefit from upgrading to a Dyna-Comp.

um...like the others have said, the Fish-n-Chips isn't a compressor.

A compressor can help smooth out your dynamics...however, my suggestion would be to practice your picking techniques and not rely on equipment to fix your problem.

• Members

How different are the Dano F'n'C and MXR Dyna-Comp compressors. I'm fairly amatuer in that my picking isn't the most consistent in the dynamic department. I was wondering if I would benefit from upgrading to a Dyna-Comp.

I have a F'n'Chips already and it seems okay. Is there some kind of sonic signature that I'm lacking that the MXR would give me over what I have?

they are very different. one of them is red with two big black knobs. the other is not red with many sliders. i find the dyna comp has a hard time eq'ing, while the fish n chips has a difficult time compressing. i think you are looking more for a wah pedal, or a phaser.

• Members

they are very different. one of them is red with two big black knobs. the other is not red with many sliders. i find the dyna comp has a hard time eq'ing, while the fish n chips has a difficult time compressing. i think you are looking more for a wah pedal, or a phaser.

that's some funny {censored} right there

• Members

I meant Surf 'n' Turf. The damn thing's in a box at my folks house right now. What's with the stupid food names for pedals anyway? How the hell does a phaser beg to be called a Pepperoni? Anyway...

So anybody want to help me out?

Is the Dyna Comp dramatically different than the Surf 'n' Turf?

• Members

I've never used the surf&turf but I have used stock & modded dynacomps. The dynacomp really squashes your tone which can help if you have poor picking dynamics but you lose some of the guitars highend and clarity.

I would suggest working on your picking technique rather than relying on a compressor.

• Members

FWIW I really like the Dyna Comp ... it is pretty squishy and darkens my tone somewhat but I keep the sensitivity on about 7 or 8 o'clock and it works wonders. BTW I'm using it for fuzzed out fingerpicking so it really helps to even things out a little.

• Members

sig worthy

Archived