WOT: England knife/gun crime

• Members

I didn't say it, my friend did. The kid had a pathetic little folding knife anyways, and was trembling like he had Parkinson. I also didn't mention that we were all around 20 or so at the time, and these guys were like 14-15. It was obvious by looking at them that they weren't going to do {censored} all.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
yeah, that's the general impression I had.

regarding potential football violence in toronto... It'll never happen (for a lot of reasons) but a big one being we seem to be the only north american city that really cares. 2nd year in existence and we dominate attendance, noise levels etc etc.

its tough watching Toronto FC though.. as much as I want to love and support (and I do), the quality is horrendous sometimes, of course I'm used to watching the premiership.

edit: Paul Dickov and Darren Huckabee spotted in the stands at a TFC home game! yeah! send us your 35 year old talent! I'm not even joking.. I love any player nicknamed 'the pest'

{censored}, that would be great. Hucks down the wing and Dickov upfront with Danny Dichio. Dichov and Dichio... double Dic action :idea: That's a proper old man's strikeforce!

• Members

I didn't say it, my friend did. The kid had a pathetic little folding knife anyways, and was trembling like he had Parkinson. I also didn't mention that we were all around 20 or so at the time, and these guys were like 14-15. It was obvious by looking at them that they weren't going to do {censored} all.

Lol, fair enough. That is really funny actually.

• Members

My buddy who said that is kind of crazy though. He reminds me of a wolverine. He's kinda small, about 5' 7", but {censored}ing powerful as {censored}, and his stamina is unreal. I've seen him take on guys that are like 6' 3"-4", get his ass kicked but he just keeps coming back until they get tired, and then he just dominates them.

• Members

Haha...I had a friend like that, only he was a smaller wiry guy that people would give {censored} to, but he was a {censored}ing beast and had no fear. He was fast and just went crazy and ruined everyone that I ever saw him ruck with. I never ever saw him lose a fight. He was a good man to have on your side.

• Members

I imagine London has a fair way to go before it catches Glasgow up in the knife crime front. We have it down to a fine art, only in glasgow would you find neds weilding a hammer with a stanley knife taped to the top of it. :D

It's never worried me, we live in a fantastically safe country. There are nutters in every city and country in the world.

• Members

It's never worried me, we live in a fantastically safe country. There are nutters in every city and country in the world.

Absolutely, we just want to see the system getting a bit tougher on them so they don't feel so invincible and then we'll be back to tea and scones and croquet on the lawn in no time!

It all went down hill when they banned corporal punishment IMO. We had a teacher who hit us with a Bunsen Burner tube and like {censored} would we ever piss about in his lessons! We all got A's in chemistry.

• Members

This stuff gets to me to. I'm a born and bread londoner, I was unfortunate enough to be on a bus where a stabbing took place a couple of years back. It was over absolutely nothing and the guy died in hospital. When I lived in the east end I felt safe walking the streets at night, cos all violence was gang related so they left your average pedestrian alone. I still feel pretty safe, just know the dodgy areas and if a kid starts on you, don't risk it.

• Members

WTH...

Take a second, go outside (if weather permits), look at the life around you and realise that it's not that bad a world out there.

I'm not saying that we should drown out the importance of what is happening here today (the French biotech student murder is horrific - ritualistic?) we should inform ourselves and be fully aware of it. But i'm not one to live in fear of it, and let it change how I expect to live my life. But, I'm not going to be stupid and seek trouble either (I live not too far off of Saaauf London).

I'm not sure I'm a fan of touting rising stats when methods of obtaining information change over the years, with things like population and population increases in urban areas as well changing the importance of such information. It's about psychology here; if something is being kept in the public eye for long enough, it gets ingrained in the minds of the public. They then become more receptive to moves against it, natural reaction.

Is what is being done in the name of protecting us really going to adress the problems of some people carrying knives? There's an observation, that either the US or in the UK, if you want to carry a knife, you can. There might be laws against it, but laws are only applicable to those caught. And successfully arrested. But the powers that the police may or may not get to fight it, won't they affect us all? Is it worth it to you? Do you want to live in fear?

mmm...

• Members

So England's finally becoming like the US, huh? Now you see what I have to endure each time I want to pick my pedals up at a remote mail box, or even step outside to taste the wonderfully dirty, poisonous, opaque ghetto air - certain death.

I carry a pointed metal file with me at all times to either stab or parry the stabs of others. Against guns I am currently defenseless, however :mad: THAT WILL ALL CHANGE SOON. PREPARE TO DIE ART MUSEUM AREA CRIMINALS

• Members

people in europe have no right to bare arms?

ha. i laugh a thee. that would be barbaric.

in all seriousness i believe the only county in the EU that has the right to bear arms (at least in the same way as it is here) is switzerland? i dont remember. im sooo glad that our lovely supreme court reaffirmed the obvious meaning of the second amendment of the constitution here. the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense. getting rid of that right only makes it impossible for law abiding citizens to own firearms when most of the firearms used for crime are obtain illegally through various channels.

back to the topic though. thats really rough. it seems like knife related crime is on the rise over in japan as well. my gf is japanese and shes pretty concerned about her annual trip there. yikes.

• Members

It's funny, in the late 80s I used to go out with my mates to The Banshee and Jilly's in Manchester and I didn't have much money and I frequently spent everything I had getting in the club and on beer. At the end of the night I didn't have enough for a taxi or even a bus, so I used to walk home through Moss Side, Hulme and Old Trafford and never once did I have any trouble whatsoever despite the fact that those areas, and Moss Side in particular, always used to get slated in the media because of the violence there.

I don't think I'd do it today.

I used to go to Jillys in the late 80s and occasionally The Banshee too. Long time ago in a galaxy far far away ... well, a few miles down the road.

• Members

I used to go to Jillys in the late 80s and occasionally The Banshee too. Long time ago in a galaxy far far away ... well, a few miles down the road.

There was something about women in tight leather pants that just did it for me :)

I never once felt the urge to go to Rotters instead!

Archived