any digitech whammy pedal users here?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i lnow about its whammy features, but whatr other features it has and are they any good, i know dimebag was famous for using them?, any examples of songs they are used in?

chris

Check out just about any Tom Morello, Rage Against the Machine or Audioslave, his signature is the kinda "waaaaaa wa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" sound, which is the Whammy set two octaves up.

I cant really speak for the "divebomb" feature, I never use it. I mainly use it for just static octaves (not moving the treadle) Octave up works really nice, it is only monophonic though, so it isn't going to track as well as say a POG, but it does single and double notes just fine.

I also use it set an octave down, sending both the wet and dry outputs into a stereo pedal (so both outputs from the whammy get used) and that gets some NICE synth-like sounds.

• Members

I got a Whammy 4, it's really changing my overall sound and actually how I'm interacting with my guitar (I've been playing with the pick in my left hand lately for example). It's prob the most significant pedal purchase I've made since my primary fuzz. Meant to really glitch out my sound.

• Members

Check out just about any Tom Morello, Rage Against the Machine or Audioslave, his signature is the kinda "waaaaaa wa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" sound, which is the Whammy set two octaves up.

That two-octave "WEEEOOO" sound is pretty much the only reason why I want a Whammy . . .

• Members

about time someone says: the whammy four is a huge tone sucker.

It is, but that particular tone suck seems to really contribute to the kind of sound Jack White uses a lot in his songs (obviously, especially the ones that use the whammy).

• Members

The tone suck is pretty hefty, but not near bad enough to outweigh how awesome having a whammy in your chain is. Lots of stuff you can use them for, from subtle to extreme, and they are great mates with other types of pedals.

• Members

about time someone says: the whammy four is a huge tone sucker.

TB loop = problem solved :thu:

but idc, i like the way my whammy sounds in the chain. now that i have it, i dont think i could live without it. if i had to take only one pedal with me, it would be the whammy. period

• Members

I also use it set an octave down, sending both the wet and dry outputs into a stereo pedal (so both outputs from the whammy get used) and that gets some NICE synth-like sounds.

oh my, ive never thought of that. holy {censored} lol, i cant wait to give that i shot! too bad one of the tips of the small cables i use got stuck in the dry output of the whammy, and the board is at the drummers house. :cry:

Archived