Been Gigging with a Mini Board Lately

Lanefair

• Members

I've had a few outdoorsy gigs lately and was worried about space for my pedalboard etc so I've taken to using a small flightcase filled with magazines and then 4-5 pedals. Mainly it's DT-10, Bad Monkey, DS-1, OC-3 and Echo Park. Although I did use a fish and chips and a micro pog for a bit.

It's quite liberating cutting down like that, and running straight into the amp. I could argue that it actually sounds better, but I miss programmable delays and the control I have with a bigger board. I might use this as an excuse to have a miniboard full of pedals as well as a big board full of pedals.

• Members
4-5 pedals is still a lot
:idk:

True, but with my small board, I don't use the fx loop or od channel on my amp. And the only fx pedals I use are delay and octave. There's just much more tone going on. But I'll always need my big board so I can punch in and out of fx quickly and wow the crowd. ( I mean, have no effect on the crowd whatsoever)

• Members

I've just recently downsized my board as well. I went from 14 pedals up front down to 8. Which still may be a lot, but it's better than before! I would have liked to gone smaller, but these are my absolute necessities. I moved a few of them to a small board that I keep by my amp and run through the fx loop (BBE sonic stomp, tuner, EQ). I always thought that the bigger the board the better, but now I'm starting to think different.

• Members

Yeah, I went from like 9 to 5, really 4. Sure, I've got 2 coming in, but one is a volume pedal for the lap steel, and the other is just trem. I just decided that I'd much rather have a few solid effects rather than a thousand effects. It's just better to design things around your music with pedals that complement that rather than just trying to make effects.

• Members

Yeah, I went from like 9 to 5, really 4. Sure, I've got 2 coming in, but one is a volume pedal for the lap steel, and the other is just trem. I just decided that I'd much rather have a few solid effects rather than a thousand effects. It's just better to design things around your music with pedals that complement that rather than just trying to make effects.

Word.

• Members

I've always been a fan of small boards..... this was my first board after joining HC:

n161501268_31204952_4404.jpg

But this was probably the favorite of my small boards:

n161501268_31205518_8522.jpg

I've upgraded the size of the board itself, but I'm trying to stick around the 10 pedal mark. My regular gigging board only has 9. :D

• Members

I actually agree with every word you just said.

:thu:

Archived