OT....Anybody ever experience this?

Headlow

• Members

I have been searching for what is forever! Thanks you. That happens to me regularly, at least 2-4 times a month. It sucks! Sometimes I'm able to wake myself up but most of the time I have to just lay there until it's over. Usually when I hear something loud enough or my girlfriend moves is when I can wake up fully. Man, it is one awful sleep issue. I hope it doesn't begin to occur for you regularly.

• Members

yeah...loads of time when I was younger...around early 20s....

the first few times scared the {censored} out of me.... really vivd dreams of "things" coming to get me and taking me away...

ouch....

It hasn't happened for a while, but I notice my girlfriend has it from times to times, so i wake her up when I notice!!!!

it was so common with me that a few times I consciously tried to relax and see how long that "feeling" would last!!!

I even went to some, I dont know how to call it in english, but it something to do with vudu and white tables!!!!

• Members

yeah...loads of time when I was younger...around early 20s....

It did happen to me quite a lot around that age, and now just the odd time. I have worked out though, that it is most likely to occur when I have a broken sleep. For example I woke up this morning at 3.30 and couldn't get back to sleep. After I tired myself out by watching a film (Black Hawk Down, probably not the best film to send me to sleep) and playing guitar (Vox amPlug to the rescue once again) I began to drift of sometime after 7, which is when the paralysis occurred.

• Members

i is pretty weird... I usually had right at the beginning of my sleep...

anyways, just yesterday I had something even more {censored}ed up happening to me. I woke up choking/panic attack.... now that was intense and scary as hell, because whatever happened in my dream became reakity and I couldnt breath for a minute!!!!

Oh my!!!!

• Members

I've had that happen to me on and off over the years. It seems to happen most often during a nap, although it's certainly no more fun in the middle of the night. It also seems to happen most often when I'm under more stress than normal. It's happened enough that sometimes I will be able to recognize what's happening and try to wake myself up, although usually I still can't stop it.

It can be a very bad feeling.

• Members

is that the same thing as when you wake up but you can't open your eyes? that heppens to me alot, my eye's just can't open.

That's the one! Sometimes you can't open your eyes AND monsters are sitting on your chest. It's a fun combo.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Oh man, i had this last night.

I was asleep, and my neck myst have been on my pillow at a funny angle, when i thought i was awake i tried to fix up my position, but i couldn't movie. My arm was underneath my body so i was getting pins and needles and i couldn't breath properly. I started to try and move up arm as i was freaking out cause i couldn't breath, i am not sure how long it was but after a while i could move my arm and then finally could breath properly.

{censored} that

• Members

My wife has said that she's had that happen to her in the past, but I don't think it's happened since we've been together. I've sort of an opposite issue - I've woken up several times punching the hell out of my pillow or the wall because of a bad dream. I guess I've got alot of repressed anger or something. :idk:

Archived