OT....Anybody ever experience this?

Headlow

• Members
That's really possible?
:freak:

yeah, one night we were hanging out really late into the night. I got up to get something from the kitchen and I came back to the living room and he was on the couch with his eyes wide open, and I was talking to him, but he wasn't responding and wasn't moving at all. I thought something was wrong with him, so I shook him and he came to and told me he just fell asleep. His girlfriend later told me that he does that sort of thing all the time, just laying in bed all night, asleep, but with his eyes open. :freak:

• Members

Happened to me once, then I tried to do it to myself over the next few months to reenact it. Auditory hallucinations, visual hallucinations, great pressure on your chest, etc are the symptoms I'm sure if you read wiki it'd tell you.

Also known as the Old hag syndrome, some have awoken to see a hag on their chest trying to suffocate them. Scary {censored}.

The band Dredg wrote an album, El Cielo, about sleep paralysis. And Fear Before the march of flames has a song titled "Drowning the Old Hag", in which the guitarist, who suffers from Sleep Paralysis, expresses his feelings about it.

• Members

I get it occasionally, but in a very intense way. It will start where I have a lucid dream, then "wake" into another dream. These layered dreams will continue, where I become lucid in each one. Each time, though, my senses become more and more dim and remote, 'til in the last one, I'm deaf, blind, mute, unable to feel touch, unable to smell, etc. Then I will wake up into sleep paralysis, and I can feel every part of my body. I'm totally aware of every single part of my body; can't filter out any physical sensation. It's not painful, but I can only describe it as agony. This will last a minute or so, and I'll suddenly snap out of it. It sucks.

• Members

It's happened to me twice. Once when I was 6 it happened and I saw a man's face with a beard. My grandmother told me not to think about it and said it was the devil... :(

The second time it happened and I heard a really loud almost deafening voice that said "AS I WALK" or something like that.

• Members

It happened to me once. I was at my wife's (then girlfriend's) apt. I was taking a nap and suddenly woke up to hearing "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" in my head and I couldn't move for a few seconds. My wife heard nothing. It really freaked her out.

I still think it was a ghost.

• Members
Once it happened to me years and years ago. Never again though.

Yep happened to me only once too.

I was in the middle of a nightmare, somehow I was in jail or a prison somewhere and two butt pirates were chasing me down for a booty call. I would be getting away from them and then all of the sudden my body would grind to a halt.

I then woke up and I could not move. That nightmare went on like that for the rest of the night with the same {censored} every time. Thank god I've not had that one again... :eek:

Archived