Which Tremolo pedal

jkg

• Members

I'm looking for a Tremolo pedal and these are my options on local stores around:

Guyatone VT3

Danelectro Tuna Melt

T Rex Tremster

EH Pulsar

Keeley modded Boss TR2

Which one would you choose???

• Members

I say this a lot but........Trying out the Tuna-Melt first is def' worth while(imo). It makes for a good compare/contrast when trying out other more expensive units.

I use the Tuna-Melt on my non-trem amps and am pretty satisfied. The EH-Wiggler is pretty cool (imo).

• Members

I say this a lot but........Trying out the Tuna-Melt first is def' worth while(imo). It makes for a good compare/contrast when trying out other more expensive units.

I use the Tuna-Melt on my non-trem amps and am pretty satisfied. The EH-Wiggler is pretty cool (imo).

I would love a Wiggler but have a Pulsar in the mail. I couldn't pay the 150-200 right now.

• Members

The Tremster sounds great from videos I've listened to. I have the Stereo Pulsar, and it is a solid pedal - it has some quirks, but it's fairly cheap, and will give you quite a few sounds too.

• Members

Am I the only guy who doesn't have any problems with his TR-2?

When I had mine, it sounded pretty good but had a volume drop, and not just because that's what a tremolo does. I recall that newer ones don't suffer from this, but I can't confirm this myself. The Keeley mod would be cool if you wanted to have a level control in addition to a trem, so that you could boost your signal if need be.

I've only heard the Tuna Melt and Pulsar (small box version) from your list. The Melt is great especially for the money, but I would lean towards the Pulsar.

• Members

Comparisons between the two? I'm thinking about doing the same thing.

For one, the Tuna Melt doesn't do full depth on square wave, and there is the inevitable volume drop across the board. The Voodoo Lab takes care of both of those problems, and I think it just sounds fuller/warmer.

• Members

I quite like my TR-2, I use it live all the time, I find nothing wrong with its sound. I just wish it had tap tempo though, and the want for tap tempo could see this thing listed on ebay sooner rather than later.

Archived