Dinosaur Jr.

echodeluxe

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dinosaur jr is the tits. I'm kinda new here, but before I joined I thought I was their only fan. I love their green mind album. I first heard of them back in maybe 1992? They had a backing track on a G&S skateboarding vid that was also mind-blowing at the time.

• Members

G&S-Footage. I remember watching that skate vid at my friends house and that song sounded so amazing I had to buy it if I could.

The Wagon. Still to this day one of the best songs I've ever heard. Not sure why, but it fills me with nostalgic happiness every time.

That song was what started me on the path of "indie" music and I'm thankful for it, although my tastes are by no means confined to that genre. Anyway, I remember listening to my cassette of Green Mind 3 or 4 times a day for months and months with my boombox speakers detached so I could put them up to my ears while lying on my carpet like headphones.

That's awesome if that's what you remember as getting you into Dino Jr.! I think that was around 1991.

:thu:

• Members

G&S-Footage. I remember watching that skate vid at my friends house and that song sounded so amazing I had to buy it if I could.

The Wagon. Still to this day one of the best songs I've ever heard. Not sure why, but it fills me with nostalgic happiness every time.

That song was what started me on the path of "indie" music and I'm thankful for it, although my tastes are by no means confined to that genre. Anyway, I remember listening to my cassette of Green Mind 3 or 4 times a day for months and months with my boombox speakers detached so I could put them up to my ears while lying on my carpet like headphones.

That's awesome if that's what you remember as getting you into Dino Jr.! I think that was around 1991.

:thu:

That's the one! Footage. I think his name (the skater) was Remy Stratton skating to The Wagon? As far as green mind, I had it on tape, bought the CD and now have it on MP3 (listening currently). How crazy is that? I plan to clean out my garage this weekend. I *think* I might still have that G&S on VHS.

Glad I came into contact with some fans.

• Members

I was there at that show (Chicago PFork Fest).

edit: nm that is a different amp order.

I was at the Pitchfork fest too, awesome set. However..... they sold WAAAAYYY more tickets this year than they did in the past and it made it a little tight at times, especially considering it was hot as {censored} and muddy. I thought Public Enemy stole the show on Friday night, best set all weekend.

• Members

Great band! I only just got into them a few weeks ago, better late than never i guess.

Welcome to the party then!

Freak Scene is one of my favourite songs, I think. What a single. Here's something for you, from the Dino Jr, Sonic Youth, Nirvana tour in '91:

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Archived