OT: I just had my 20th success story [severe MI/schizophrenia/peronality disorder]

hangwire

• Members

I have worked as a psychotherapist in various degrees of work since 2003...

...and today after a very good 3 month follow up with one of my clients, I caluclated that they were my 20th success story for someone that came in with a chronic condition [such as a schizophrenia, borderline personality disorder, severe social anxiety, PTSD, ...etc... ] that had met their long term goals and are at a level where they had a hard time imagining being, and sustained it...

just wanted to share in my joy and positive outlook that I am in after realizing that the 'number' is getting up there :)

• Members

Congrats! I've been in the field for about 6 years - mostly young kids and adolescents. It's always interesting how "success" can be a relative term - depending on where the client's at. I've done some work w/ Reactive Attachment Disorder, and it's very rewarding to see the traumas inherent in that diagnosis get sucessfully integrated and then watch families actually become FAMILIES.

So here's to ya! :beer:

• Members

The sad thing is that you come here to do it. Physician, heal thyself :poke:

actually came here to finish the deal selling my blue box via PM and thought I could spread around some positive vibes via a few typed words...

• Members
I have a few clients working through this... such a back and forth... but once that consistancy is there and thing start clicking... insight can be such a great thing
:thu:

Dan Hughes's stuff is great! Also, Becoming Attached by Robert Karen. I've only skimmed through it, but it's pretty awesome.

• Members
that had met their long term goals and are at a level where they had a hard time imagining being, and sustained it...

just wanted to share in my joy and positive outlook that I am in after realizing that the 'number' is getting up there
:)

That's cool, man. I have a deep interest in bipolar spectrum disorders, latent PTSD etc. In a few years, I might start to study towards some kind of qualification allowing me to become a therapist of some description.

Archived