Well the AC30 is gone.

Loobs

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cool man, thanks for the heads up.

A friend of mine runs Peach Guitars and he said he got them instock but won't touch them with a barge pole now, he thought they were that disappointing. I've played two - first time didn't impress me, second time did.

Hey, i bought my guitar from them a few months ago. Very friendly guys.

• Members

I've got an 'evil' twin (120w with 2 channels) and I love it. Great clean, not so hot distortion, but it's got it at least.

I might downsize to something smaller as its a bit big/heavy, though.

I don't fender amps well enough to know which is the best 'smaller' version of a twin.

• Members

Sounds like you're on a Fender kick. Ever checked out the amps at Torres Amps?

http://www.torresamps.com/BargainBasement.htm

I've never used one or heard one but Barry Vyse at Torres was the guy who repaired my AC15TBX. He did an awesome job on an amp that was so {censored}ed, the PCB was close to melting. They might be worth a visit to see if you could test out some of their gear. Prices seem pretty decent.

• Members

Kustom Defender. 50 watts, your choice of EL34 or 6L6 (ships with EL34's, though), Ruby Tubes large reverb tank, has a master volume bypass so you can make it more like a vintage amp. I just picked one up and it sounds awesome, and they only retail at $849 or so US, and sell for like $569, you could probably pick one up new. Mine is really responsive to how hard I hit the strings, especially in master bypass mode.

Archived