Fulltone OCD Appreciation Thread

KjStrat62

• Members
:thu:
Its got the TOANZ.

I have the v3, and its probably one of the best pedals ive played.

Its a keeper for me based on its sheer versatility. Clean Boost - Balls to the wall Distortion. The OCD shines above the rest IMO.

Try one out for yourself and see what all the fuss is about.

:thu:

• Members
Once it's back, I'll await the next 4 months when my name is due on the D*A*M Red Rooster treble boost list and call it a day on pedals.

*Unless Brad really has something phenomenal at the Tonefactor booth at next month's Arlington Guitar Show*

You're building up quite a Fulltone collection.

I'll have tons of good stuff. ;)

• Members
Its got the TOANZ.

I have the v3, and its probably one of the best pedals ive played.

Its a keeper for me based on its sheer versatility. Clean Boost - Balls to the wall Distortion. The OCD shines above the rest IMO.

Try one out for yourself and see what all the fuss is about.

Yeah, that about sums it up. I'm not a fan of the higher gain settings, but for teh subtlez to med gain, pure :thu:

I'll say it again... I actually set it so it acts as a third channel for my amp.

• Members

Best overdrive i've tried yet, and i've gone through quite a few "boutiques". The rest have come and gone, but there will always be an OCD on my board.

Like dap said, it's like another channel of my amp. It does everything I want, and nothing I don't. This is one pedal where you can most definitely believe the hype. Best money I've ever spent on a pedal. Ok, i'll stop the OCD fanboi jive but you get the point :p

Oh, and it's also extremely versitile, as I can switch between all of my amps and guitars and it will sound killer with everyone of them. Not many dirt pedals can do that without alot of adjustments.

• Members

I tried an OCD in the shop for hours and it was damn close to getting bought, but the Blackstone Mosfet OD just pipped it to the post because it suited my sound a little better.

That said, it's still on my list of 'wants' along with a Keeler Pull, which is equally intriguing as a less extreme OD pedal.

• Members

I love my OCD V4. I use the OCD with the gain at about 12, maybe 1 o'clock at the most for a nice thick juicy OD tone. Then I hit the input hard with the FDII and it just sings, still has very low noise considering how much gain is there and the notes are still clear and defined. The other guitarist in my band is jealous! :lol:

Archived