HCFX battle of the rigs....any interest??

Alchemist

• Members

So as I mentioned at the end of the BTOTB, we should do a battle of the rigs.... just for fun, NO prizes, no BS.... it seemed to be well recieved, so I'd just like to know how much interest there is.

I was thinking we do it this way:

So the rigs will be divided by genre, rather than amount of money spent, or vintage. So I know theres like 1000 different subgenres so that wont be practical, so lets decide on a few that most people can agree on. I was thinking the following, please correct me, or add on what I missed:

Jazz rig

Blues rig

Classic Rock rig

Modern/Alt Rock rig

Hard Rock/Heavy Metal(and other sorts of metal too many to possibly list)

Country Rig

Art Rock rig

Indie rig

Fusion - Instrumental Rock (stuff from Eric Johnson, to Steve Vai etc)

Doom

Punk

The rules would be simple... one nice single photo of the entire rig (NOT POST YOUR GEAR, but an actual rig), youre allowed two amps, two guitars, your pedalboard..... any rack effects, or add ons like a space echo or reverb unit, etc...

and you can enter in more than one category, as long as its not the same rig, so you multi rig guys dont feel restricted...

I think this could be fun:idk:

• Members

no matter how good your intentions are, a contest like this will undoubtably dissolve into stupid bitchfests fueled by jealosy, envy, debates over "rules", jock mentality, and general douchebaggery. I think the forum could use a break from that right now

• Members

no matter how good your intentions are, a contest like this will undoubtably dissolve into stupid bitchfests fueled by jealosy, envy, debates over "rules", jock mentality, and general douchebaggery. I think the forum could use a break from that right now

{censored} off your only jealous because my setup pwnz urs

• Members

I figured no prizes, people wouldnt care so much...

just neat rig pics :idk:

• Members
I figured no prizes, people wouldnt care so much...

just neat rig pics
:idk:

I might be game, but I really need to change out the grill cloth on my amp.

I think, no matter what, any kind of contest on this forum, even without prizes, will degenerate into a lot pettiness. Just the voting will cause some hurt feelings :cry:

As melx said, I don't need anyone else to validate my rig for me - mine is the best possible rig for me. If everyone would just go into these contests with that in mind, I think there'd be a lot less poopypants.

• Members

that was actually my whole point to this thing.... hence the genre categories... not "the best boutique rig", "best vintage rig"...

but more like.... "hey guys, check out the gear I'm using for the style of music I like to play".... I thought that would be neat to see what people use to create the style of music they enjoy, the contest part is more to get people to put together good quality, nice coherent photos like they did for the BOTB...

• Members
The photo rules deter me from entering. I already have a photo ready of my rig but it contains 3 guitars, 3 amps. I don't want to drag it all out for a 2 guitar, 2 amp rig. :poke:

Jeff I love your rig, but yours borders on collection.... you could build like 5 fully functional rigs with what you have...

anyways, it seems that this is being poorly recieved, I'm only asking if theres interest in something like this.... and theres already bickering :facepalm:

• Members
A gear that is suitable for music that is considered to be indie. The word 'indie' has changed it meaning, just like for example emo.

....yeah. I just never caught on to that. :cry:
to me, anything can be indie
anyways.........

Archived