Peavey Classic Series Appreciation Thread

echodeluxe

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm gigging with a Peavey classic 30 head through a 212 partial closed back avatar with WGS Green Berets. Sounds very nice. Also have a 212 C50 and a C30 112 in the rehersal space. I'm looking to part ways with one and pick up a C50 head in black though.

• Members

l_f7764b46491e02eb5b5b3953c46a9f91.jpg

Was a rack guy for years (ADA MP-1, JMP-1, Mosvalve power amp) but wanted something that dictated my change in styles (thrash / Industrial to Alt Country / Rock).

Got this used for $245, and after a much needed re tubing, and changing the speakers to Eminence Red Coats, this thing is amazing!

I have a custom made 2x12 cab I am going to re wire to use with it for bigger gigs, but will swoop on 4x10 if I get the chance, just to have them!

Dream to run a stereo rig with either a Fender Twin or a Roland JC 120. Just don't want to lug it gig to gig!

• Members

how does everyone else find the reverb on their C30?

mine is pretty hissy
:(

Yea it does sounds pretty hissy, I took out the reverb opamp and put in a high fi one. seemed to help a bit. Its really an easy mod b/c the opamp is socketed (at least in the classic 50).

I'm sure an upgraded reverb tank would go a long way. I always wanted to redo the reverb circuit to match that of the fender hr deluxes, b/c it just sounds soo much better.

• Members

Yea it does sounds pretty hissy, I took out the reverb opamp and put in a high fi one. seemed to help a bit. Its really an easy mod b/c the opamp is socketed (at least in the classic 50).

I'm sure an upgraded reverb tank would go a long way. I always wanted to redo the reverb circuit to match that of the fender hr deluxes, b/c it just sounds soo much better.

cool, what opamp did you put in? tl072?

• 6 months later...

Archived