sERIOUSLY, HOW DO ANY OF YOU PLAY WITH A BAND WITH ANY LESS THAN 2 HALF STACKS??

C Fuzz

• Members

Ya know, I've noticed that AD30's really aren't all that loud...

Yeah, I played 2 gigs w/ that amp. The first was a small bar and the amps were mic'd. Did pretty good there. The next gig was a bigger bar w/ no amps mic'd. I had it pretty much cranked and just got by. Decent amp, but not as versatile as my TOV and definitely not loud. Hell, during practice, I was constantly (secretly) turning my friend's Fender down. But that beast was only on 3!

• Members

I answer with this TWIN REVERB'D!!! Man don't mess with my twin, 2 135watt speakers is really loud and if i really needed more power I could just use the speaker extension out to run to more 8 ohm speakers. Crank the pre amp, raise the level on the DS-1 so that it boosts and engage the pull boost and I am more than satisfied.

• Members

I answer with this TWIN REVERB'D!!! Man don't mess with my twin, 2 135watt speakers is really loud and if i really needed more power I could just use the speaker extension out to run to more 8 ohm speakers. Crank the pre amp, raise the level on the DS-1 so that it boosts and engage the pull boost and I am more than satisfied.

You hadn't been here very long has ya?

• Members

Yeah, I played 2 gigs w/ that amp. The first was a small bar and the amps were mic'd. Did pretty good there. The next gig was a bigger bar w/ no amps mic'd. I had it pretty much cranked and just got by. Decent amp, but not as versatile as my TOV and definitely not loud. Hell, during practice, I was constantly (secretly) turning my friend's Fender down. But that beast was only on 3!

A Fender Deville or Deluxe on 3 is like 85 or 90 percent of its max volume. Those volume pots have no sensitivity whatsoever - they go from quiet to {censored}ING LOUD around 2 or so.

• Members

After 10 years away from playing live with a band I just got back into it and I hate not having at least a halfstack on both sides of the drum kit. I play rock, not crazy loud metal, just {censored}ing rock. How do you combo guys do it? Are you constantly miking yourselves or does your band play real soft or some {censored}?

I wanna feel it yo!

try saying that after you plug into a twin reverb on 5! :cop:

• Members

I played in a rock band for over 10 years with a guitarist who played through a Marshall half-stack, and even that was too {censored}ing loud :mad:

My first instrument is vocals, and guitar second. I use to get into some serious arguments with the guitarist because he'd keep pushing the limits of the stage volume to the point where the band couldn't hear anything else.

Never confuse ego with musicianship.

BTW, this is why I don't bother with the amp forum.

• Members

We only play small pub / club gigs but ive been running my AC15 on the 7.5w setting and its been plenty loud. Volume has a lot to do with speaker sensitivity and those celestion blues are extremely loud.

When i first bought the amp i was unsure it would cut it live but now im glad i didnt get an AC30, i just cant see a time when id ever get chance to use the extra power.

• Members

We only play small pub / club gigs but ive been running my AC15 on the 7.5w setting and its been plenty loud. Volume has a lot to do with speaker sensitivity and those celestion blues are extremely loud.

When i first bought the amp i was unsure it would cut it live but now im glad i didnt get an AC30, i just cant see a time when id ever get chance to use the extra power.

I can't imagine that AC15 having much clean headroom though? Although, my AC30HH breaks up pretty early. Need a lower-output guitar I think.

• Members

I can't imagine that AC15 having much clean headroom though? Although, my AC30HH breaks up pretty early. Need a lower-output guitar I think.

Not completely clean but id say only the edge of breakup with the gain on the EF86 between 1/3 and 1/2, nice and chimey but definitely not crunch. My tele has quite low output pickups on it, ive got a sheraton with humbuckers and that breaks up much earlier. I use the low gain input too.

• Members

in old times Half stacks were necesary because PA sucked..or was too heavy...

but now PA is light and powerfull....MIC the guitar, and be sure to get a good sound guy... you guys love hearing music on CD Mp3 Etc, all those guitars are MIC'd just...Mic' the guitar and get a nice low watt Tube amp...

with low watt tube amps you will both get a nice tone and can go high on the volume to cook the power tubes!! get it plz plz!!

Archived