Deftones?

BTBAM

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I used to like them for some time. Then I saw a live video. Worst vocals ever.

I lost interest...

I was shocked when a watched a DVD of them in Hawaii awhile back. The vocals were terrible. I have live recordings from before that and they sounded pretty good live. I heard the singer killed his voice and kept having to go in for therapy.

I'd never go watch them live, but I think all of their recorded albums (except SNW) were really cool, and they were doing what they did long before all the nu-metal bands flooded the market, and did it way better than any of them.

• Members

i don't know if anyone here's heard of Glassjaw but they're next cd will probably sound a lot like deftones with a slight twist. just thought some of you might be interested...

That sounds like Beck is {censored}ing with people. I really doubt a Glassjaw record would sound like a Deftones record.

• Members

That sounds like Beck is {censored}ing with people. I really doubt a Glassjaw record would sound like a Deftones record.

have you seen any new vid performances? they're totally ripping deftones. i know they toured with the deftones for a while to.

• Members

have you seen any new vid performances? they're totally ripping deftones. i know they toured with the deftones for a while to.

I saw their one off UK show a few months back and they weren't really anywhere near Deftones. :confused:

H&K Triamps fail at guitar tone though :facepalm:

• Members

as you can probably tell by my avatar: deftones = win.

yeah that hawaii dvd was pretty god-awful, it nearly turned me off them. but i stayed faithful. it annoys me how much ppl rip on SNW, i reckon its a great album.

all that said, i shall always love chino. what a legend

• Members

i don't know if anyone here's heard of Glassjaw but they're next cd will probably sound a lot like deftones with a slight twist. just thought some of you might be interested...

You are wrong...

Glassjaw's new record (if it will ever come out) will sound nothing like the deftones... Here are a few that are on there -

Jesus Glue

[YOUTUBE]hJat0cjotB8[/YOUTUBE]

Natural Born Farmer

[YOUTUBE]-C0FWbSjaz4[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

they've been kicking around natural born farmer for a really long time and i don't think they'll keep it for the "upcoming" cd. honestly, to say they sound nothing like the deftones is a long stretch. the scream then drone singing? come on. musically, i'll def agree they're in their own element.

• Members

it's about as long of a stretch as you saying "they are totally ripping off the deftones"...

That's also like saying Jimmy Gnecco and Jeff Buckley sound alike because the both sing falsetto... Or Jimi Hendrix and SRV are the same because they both play bluesy rock...

Anyway, I like both bands and I don't seem many similarities between the two. From what's been said on the glassjaw.net forums lately it will probably be next year or never for the new CD to come out anyway. Manny made a post recently that said he had no idea what's going on with the band and Daryl was busy with his other projects...

• Members

it's about as long of a stretch as you saying "they are totally ripping off the deftones"...

That's also like saying Jimmy Gnecco and Jeff Buckley sound alike because the both sing falsetto... Or Jimi Hendrix and SRV are the same because they both play bluesy rock...

Anyway, I like both bands and I don't seem many similarities between the two. From what's been said on the glassjaw.net forums lately it will probably be next year or never for the new CD to come out anyway. Manny made a post recently that said he had no idea what's going on with the band and Daryl was busy with his other projects...

agree to disagree. but yeah, i've been pretty frustrated with the cd situation. i think they would've done something by now if they'd kept todd.

• Members

agree to disagree. but yeah, i've been pretty frustrated with the cd situation. i think they would've done something by now if they'd kept todd.

Yeah if you notice on one of those vids I posted it's dated 12/06 and Daryl says "this is one from our new records" and here it is the end of 08 and nothing... They are one of my favorites but I've given up on ever seeing this new record.

Archived