Seven Reasons Why I Love LARGE Effects Pedals

Fender&EHX4ever

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like large boxes, but since I like having a lot of different effects available, they are a bit impractical bacause my pedal board space is limited, thus I prefer smaller pedals. If a pedal does something no other pedal does, and that something is something I need, I will still put it on my board, though.

• Members
:facepalm::lol::p

I'm unsure about the reason for the facepalm/lol/tongue, but I seem to recall that "box" is a slang term for a girl's vagina. Is that it? :confused:
Because I don't like vaginas to be large, just barely large enough to accomodate my humongous penis. I was referring to the enclosures of effect pedals.

• Members

I love them....my wiggler is great, my duecetone rat is great, I suppopse the haz is pretty big too.

I guess for me it's about whether the use justifies the size, I wouldn't care if my haz was twice the size. I'd still want/love/use the thing.

• Members

• If I'm not using a pedalboard, the size helps keep them stable on the floor

• The controls are easier to see from 5+ feet above

• Larger controls with more interface spacing are more conducive to tweaking and riding

• The knobs can be adjusted with my big toe

• They look cool, like instruments in and of themselves

• They are more visceral, and have some physical substance

• They invite you to come and interact with them

I got nothing against small pedals. I own some too. And I realize I'm in the minority around these parts on this particular subject; but if you're feeling where I'm coming from, show some love for big pedals with disregard for precious real estate.

:wave::p

I agree every single on every single word above!:love:

Yes Fender&EHX!! YES! :thu:

• Members

I don't mind them. If it came down to brass tacks and I had to have 8-10 big ass pedals to do what I needed to do, then I would have a 42x20 board or whatever it took. I'm not too concerned with how much floor space I have to occupy.

But luckily, the majorty of my pedals and my "do want" pedals are pretty small. If they make a XO Pog I'll consider myself lucky, but the big box version is all anodized and sexy, plus keeps getting cheaper on the used market... so I am not too particular.

Archived