Boss Super Feedbacker & Distortion DF-2

dimibetan

• Members

Anyone who still have or tried this?

This one is kinda cool...

Do you know any stompbox similar to this?

boss_df2.jpg

Article from NoiseGuide.com:

A really cool stomp box for noise with knobs for Level, Tone, Dist(Distortion). The best feature is it's ability to generate feedback when the footswitch is depressed and held. This kicks in the "Superfeedbacker", and the tone of the feedback is set with the Overtone knob. The name of this pedal was changed by Boss from "Super Distortion & Feedbacker" when a lawsuit was brought against them by DiMarzio, Inc. for using the name "Super Distortion" which is a registered trademark for a guitar pickup.

• Members

I have one. I can't see ever getting rid of it. It's only really good for the sustained harmonic (the distortion sucks IMO), and the harmonic never gets very loud, but it's super fun to play around with. I've heard that the Distorto is similar. Also, Behringer makes a copy (though it can be rather hard to find).

• Members

what kind of harmonic does it loop (i presume?) does it depend on what you play or do you tune the pitch with a knob?

does the harmonic move/evolve or just keep a constant note?

It generates a harmonic based on what note you're playing when you press it down, only you never know for sure what is going to come out. You can tune the pitch with the far right knob somewhat, but sometimes what comes out is a genuine surprise (it's glitchy). The harmonic isn't supposed to move/evolve (that's one area I really think could be improved, but I doubt we'll ever get a reissue/update), but there is a sort of lo-fi wavering to it and it does seem to grow a bit as you hold down the pedal.

• Members

I had one. I dug it but found myself using it less and less as time went on. Distortion's not bad at all, feedback is cool, but it's got its place. Sometimes if you don't time it right the feedback will come out at a different pitch, but overall it's cool.

• Members

somebody pleeeese trade me yours.. pretty please?

If its a "Super distortion feedbacker" its 150. If its a "Super feedbacker distortion" its 75.

I could care less, I just want to do the sustain trick.

Its really the last one on my list of pedals to get a hold of so I can sound more like Trey.

• Members

somebody pleeeese trade me yours.. pretty please?

If its a "Super distortion feedbacker" its 150. If its a "Super feedbacker distortion" its 75.

I could care less, I just want to do the sustain trick.

Its really the last one on my list of pedals to get a hold of so I can sound more like Trey.

actually, mine is the "super distortion feedbacker" and I got it for $75 this year. There was a guy selling one on the spam thread a couple of weeks back for $85 (though I think that was a "super feedbacker distortion"). Regardless of the name, you shouldn't have to pay more than $85-$125 for one.

• Members

Its an alright pedal, it has a volume loss tho on some. The "feedbacker" option was ok, but you had to turn step on it twice to turn it off cause when you hold it down for the effect you take your foot off and its on dirt. So its double the hassle for ufo noise

Archived